Tandoori Masala Chicken Dum Biryani.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, tandoori masala chicken dum biryani. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Tandoori Masala Chicken Dum Biryani is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Tandoori Masala Chicken Dum Biryani is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have tandoori masala chicken dum biryani using 28 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Tandoori Masala Chicken Dum Biryani:
- Prepare 1 kg of Basmati Rice.
- Make ready of For Cooking Rice-.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Salt.
- Take 2 of Cinnamon sticks medium sized.
- Prepare 3-4 of Cardamoms.
- Get 10-12 of Black Peppercorns.
- Take 5-6 of Cloves.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Caraway Seeds or Shahjeera.
- Get 1 bunch of chopped Coriander Leaves.
- Make ready 1 bunch of chopped Mint Leaves.
- Prepare as needed of Water.
- Take of For the marination-.
- Get 2 kg of Chicken Bone-in.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Salt.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of Eastern brand Tandoori Masala.
- Take 2 tsp of Red Chilli powder.
- Get 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garam Masala.
- Get 3-4 tbsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- Make ready 500 gm of Curd.
- Take 4-5 of Green Chillies slit.
- Take 1 of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 bunch of chopped Coriander Leaves.
- Take 1 bunch of chopped Mint Leaves.
- Prepare 5 of Onions thinly sliced.
- Prepare 500 ml of Oil.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Saffron food colour mixed in milk.
- Take 1 tbsp of Ghee.
Steps to make Tandoori Masala Chicken Dum Biryani:
- Soak rice in enough water. Marinate chicken with all the ingredients mentioned in the list for about 3 hours..
- Meanwhile boil water for cooking rice in a large vessel. Add all the ingredients mentioned to the water. When it comes to a rolling boil, add the soaked and drained rice to it. It means that soaking time should only be until the water boils vigorously..
- No need to soak rice for a longer time. Water takes about 20 minutes to boil.Do not stir with force. The grains should be firm. When the rice is 80% done, drain it and keep aside..
- Now comes the frying part of the thinly sliced Onions. Deep fry them in hot oil on a high heat but keep an eye on it. Fry them until golden brown. Remove them onto a wide plate. Keep the oil aside to cool down. This same oil is added to the marinated chicken after it cools down. It should not be hot at all..
- Now comes the layering of the biryani and the dum (slow cooking) method. To the marinated chicken, firstly add half of the oil. Next crush the fried onions and add them too. Mix it well. This forms the last layer. Now top it up with rice. Add the saffron milk on top. Finally add a tablespoon of pure ghee. Cover the lid of the vessel with a thick cotton cloth and secure it on the vessel..
- Let it cook on high heat for 15-20 minutes. Then lower the flame and allow it to simmer (dum) for the next 35-40 minutes. Do not open the lid in between cooking process. Keep the flame on a low only. After 40 minutes of dum, do not open the lid all of a sudden. Switch off the flame but open the lid only after 5 to 8 minutes..
- Plate it according to your style and impress your family and friends alike. Enjoy!.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food tandoori masala chicken dum biryani recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!