Leftover Chicken and Ham Pie. This easier version of chicken pot pie is a weeknight savior. Simply bake buttermilk biscuits, and cover them generously with this creamy mixture of chopped chicken and whatever. What better way to use up your Christmas turkey leftovers?
The Hairy Bikers' chicken and ham pie is simple comfort food at its best – like a big warm hug on a cold day. Traditional English cooking: chicken and ham pie with peas, a luscious white sauce, and puff pastry. Leftovers still taste delicious, but the pastry will not be crispy anymore.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, leftover chicken and ham pie. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Leftover Chicken and Ham Pie is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Leftover Chicken and Ham Pie is something which I have loved my entire life.
This easier version of chicken pot pie is a weeknight savior. Simply bake buttermilk biscuits, and cover them generously with this creamy mixture of chopped chicken and whatever. What better way to use up your Christmas turkey leftovers?
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook leftover chicken and ham pie using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Leftover Chicken and Ham Pie:
- Prepare of Pastry.
- Take of EITHER 375g Shop-Bought Puff Pastry.
- Make ready of OR 125g Plain Flour.
- Take 125 g of Unsalted Butter (Room temp, cubed).
- Take 75 ml of Cold Water.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Take of Filling.
- Make ready 320 g of Leftover Cooked Chicken (shredded).
- Get 90 g of Leftover Cooked Ham/Bacon (chopped).
- Prepare 30 g of Unsalted Butter.
- Make ready 35 g of Plain Flour.
- Prepare 300 ml of Chicken Stock.
- Get 125 ml of Double Cream.
- Make ready 4 of Chestnut or Button Mushrooms (diced).
- Take 2 of Spring Onions (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Mixed Herbs.
- Get 1 of Egg Yolk (beaten).
A chicken and ham pie is really a complete meal; all you will need as a side dish are a. This bake is a great way to use up leftover roast potatoes or gammon and can be made-ahead and frozen for convenience, from BBC Good Food. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Leftover cooked chicken meat, a refrigerated pie crust, and frozen mixed vegetables make this one-hour recipe easier, but it tastes like you spent all day Spring asparagus adds a wonderful fresh flavor to this creamy chicken and asparagus chowder, which includes tender potato chunks for great texture.
Steps to make Leftover Chicken and Ham Pie:
- Preheat oven to 180c fan/350f/gas 4. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. If making pastry, proceed to step 4 before starting to make the filling. If using shop bought pastry, start at step 2..
- Melt the butter on medium heat in a saucepan then beat in the flour. Cook this for a minute or two to cook out the flour taste a little. Add the stock and whisk constantly for 2-3 minutes until thickened then whisk in the cream..
- Fold in the spring onions and mushrooms and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the chicken, bacon, and cream and sprinkle in the herbs. Season to taste. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely..
- HOME MADE PASTRY, START HERE!! Rub the butter into the flour using fingertips until all the flour has turned pale yellow but there are still chunks of butter larger than breadcrumbs. Stir in the flour. Use a wooden spoon to very gradually mix in the water until it starts to form together. Very quickly press the dough into a ball, wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes..
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry into a 30 x 33 cm rectangle. Cut this rectangle in half lengthways and place one half onto the prepared baking tray. Gently fold the other pastry in half and make cuts in the folded side about 1cm apart, leaving a 1cm border..
- Spoon the cooled filling onto the pastry on the tray, leaving a 1cm border of pastry around the edges. Open the folded pastry back out and gently place it over the filling. Crimp all around the edges with a fork..
- Brush the top of the pastry with the egg yolk. Sprinkle the top of the pastry with more mixed herbs and black pepper (optional)..
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until puffed up and golden brown..
Chicken and ham pie is a chicken pie I have been making for years, and one my mum made all the time growing up – it is my brother's favourite dish and he Ham – Sliced ham, leftover cooked ham or gammon. If you had bacon, you could use that – slice into bitesize pieces and fry after the chicken. Ingredients. onion chicken breast bacon pepper paprika ham parsley cream of chicken cheddar dough. The Ultimate Turkey,Ham And Leek Pie. Chicken Pie Recipe with Crispy Bacon & Puff Pastry.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food leftover chicken and ham pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!