Chicken Dum Biryani. Chicken dum biryani recipe with step by step pictures. Chicken dum biryani recipe can be prepared in two ways, kacha (kachi) Method and Pakki Method. Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani is a World famous Dish, it is made using chicken which is marinated then cooked and then is added to cooked rice and again.
hyderabadi preparation which is loved by all. Learn the authentic way of making chicken dum biryani and. Dum Biryani is made using the "dum pukht" method.
Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chicken dum biryani. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken dum biryani recipe with step by step pictures. Chicken dum biryani recipe can be prepared in two ways, kacha (kachi) Method and Pakki Method. Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani is a World famous Dish, it is made using chicken which is marinated then cooked and then is added to cooked rice and again.
Chicken Dum Biryani is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Chicken Dum Biryani is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken dum biryani using 45 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Dum Biryani:
- Make ready of For Marination:.
- Take 750 gms of chicken.
- Get 1/2 cup of yogurt.
- Get 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Get 2 of green chillies.
- Get 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take 1 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of chilli power.
- Take 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Take 1 of bay leaf,.
- Take of 2 black cardamoms,.
- Take of 1 green cardamom, 4-5 black pepper corns, 3-4 cloves, 2 star anise, ,.
- Get 1 tsp of jeera.
- Get 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Take 1/2 cup of mint leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coriander leaves.
- Take 2 tsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fried onions.
- Take of For Masala:.
- Get 3 tbsp of oil.
- Make ready 1 tsp of jeera.
- Take 3 of large onions, sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of freshly made ginger garlic paste.
- Make ready 2 of tomatoes, cut lengthwise.
- Get as needed of Little salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Get 1/2 cup of water.
- Take of For Rice:.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of basmati rice, washed and soaked in water for about 30-40 mins.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- Take 2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare as needed of Few mint leaves.
- Make ready as needed of Few coriander leaves.
- Get of All the mentioned whole garam masala's above, but wrapped in a muslin cloth.
- Prepare of For Dum:.
- Make ready 1 cup of chopped mint and coriander leaves(together.
- Get 1 cup of fried onions.
- Get 1 tbsp of ghee/clarified butter.
- Make ready 1 tsp of biriyani masala (I have used Everest).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of milk (room temperature).
- Make ready as needed of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Make ready as needed of Red food colour (optional).
Dum pukht in the Persian language means "slow Chicken is the main ingredient for making Hyderabadi chicken dum biryani. Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe is one such recipe which is loved by everyone in the family. Each of the variation being loyal to its regional history. Chicken dum biryani is goodness of rice and meat in layers!
Instructions to make Chicken Dum Biryani:
- For the marination, clean the chicken and all the mentioned ingredients. Mix well, cover and refrigerate it overnight or for min 3-4 hrs..
- In a rice pot, add 3/4th water and all other ingredients. Cover and let it come to a boil. Then add the soaked rice and cook till 3/4th done. Strain and keep aside..
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and let it heat. Now,add zeera and then the sliced onions. Fry till golden brown..
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a min or so in medium flame..
- Add the sliced tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, and mix well. Cook till the tomatoes turns mushy..
- Now it's time to add the marinated chicken. Give it a good mix and on high flame cook till the water separates. Then, lower the flame and pressure cook it for 1 whistle..
- Take a thick bottomed nonstick pan/biriyani handi and grease it with few drops of oil. Add the first layer of chicken and then rice. Add few chopped mint and coriander leaves, few fried onions. Again layer it with chicken and rice. Finally, add the remaining fried onions,mint and coriander leaves. Sprinkle the biriyani masala all over the top layer.Add the food colour to the lemon juice, mix well and add few drops here and there. Add few drops of milk here and there too. Add the clarified ghee..
- For Dum: I use an aluminum foil and cover the pan entirely, nicely seal it and cover the lid. You can also use the authentic method of dum i.e sealing the pan along with the lid with wheat dough so that the air shouldn't pass..
- Note: 1) Adjust the spice level as per your taste. 2) If you don't want 4 layers of biriyani, add all the chicken in one layer and then top it up with the cooked rice. 3) After you pressure cook the chicken and if you see the gravy is too thin, on high flame, let it cook for few more mins(uncovered). 4) When it comes to using food colour, you can definitely play with as many or as less colors you want. You also have a choice to skip this step completely..
- Note: For fried onions,I have just sliced the onions and fried it in vegetable oil till they turned brown. You can also use store bought one if you want to avoid this step and save some time..
Process of cooking in it's own steam until rice and meat are perfectly cooked. Hyderabadi chicken biryani recipe, the best authentic biryani better than restaurant-style biryani. How to make chicken biryani dum style, easy,step by step. Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe is one of the best ways to make biryani and mind you, it is full of very distinct flavours. The most important of which comes from the very many spices like cardamom.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food chicken dum biryani recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!