Kolkata Style Chicken Biryani. Calcutta/Kolkata Chicken Biryani is a mixed rice dish inspired by Awadhi cuisine. Biryani usually cooked with rice, Yogurt, meat and spices. However Diwali is a special occasion, so a little bit After I left my home town I missed Biryani like any other Bengali.
This chicken biryani is made with basmati rice, chicken, potatoes, and few aromatic spices. Layered in a big pot and cooked in dum-pukht style. You can serve this Kolkata chicken biryani with raita.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, kolkata style chicken biryani. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Kolkata Style Chicken Biryani is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Kolkata Style Chicken Biryani is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Calcutta/Kolkata Chicken Biryani is a mixed rice dish inspired by Awadhi cuisine. Biryani usually cooked with rice, Yogurt, meat and spices. However Diwali is a special occasion, so a little bit After I left my home town I missed Biryani like any other Bengali.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook kolkata style chicken biryani using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Kolkata Style Chicken Biryani:
- Take 150 gm of Basmati rice.
- Get 200 gm of Chicken.
- Take 50 gm of Yogurt.
- Make ready 1 of big size Potato.
- Make ready 1 of egg.
- Take 1 tbsp of red chili powder.
- Prepare As per taste of Salt.
- Take 3 tbsp of Oil.
- Get 2 tbsp of Ghee/butter.
- Make ready as required of Chopped Mint leaves.
- Prepare 2-3 of green chillies.
- Get 2 tbsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Cumin powder.
- Take as needed of Dry spices Cardamom, clove, cinnamon, Javitri,star anise.
- Get 3 of medium size finely chopped Onions.
- Take 1 tbsp of Turmeric powder.
- Take 1 pinch of Saffron.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Keora water and Rose water.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Biryani Masala.
Kolkata style Chicken Briyani. chicken•potatoes •medium size slice onions•Basmati rice•oil for frying the birista and cooking•curd• ginger and garlic paste•birista (fried onion). Kolkata special chicken biryani is ready to serve, best to serve it with any Bengali style chicken or muton recipe or just with salads. Tips for making Kolkata style best chicken biryani. Though old basmati rice is perfect for biryani.
Instructions to make Kolkata Style Chicken Biryani:
- Marinate the chicken for 1-2 hrs.For marination take 150gm chicken pieces, yogurt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, Biryani Masala and mix together well…
- Now boil the rice 70% and also boil the egg..
- Take a pan and heat the oil..
- Now put all dry spices and add chopped onions..
- Fry the onions until it looks golden brown in colour..
- Remove from the pan and in rest make chicken..
- Cook it for 15 mins.keep aside..
- Now make the layer in a pressure cooker..
- Put the chicken pieces and then put the rice layer.Sprinkle fried onions..
- Put chicken layer again and sprinkle salt,Keora water, saffron milk and also slices green chillies..
- Put Mint leaves all over it.Cover with lid..
- Remove the whistle and cook it for 15 mins in medium flame..
- Enjoy the Biryani with chicken chap and salad..
The seller must have such information, so just ask him before buying. Kolkata style Chicken Biryani is much lighter on spices and serving potato with meat is the speciality of Kolkata Biryani. Calcutta or Kolkata style Chicken Biryani is a mixed rice dish inspired by Awadhi cuisine. The Kolkata biryani has a separate traditional biryani recipe. Also fry the potatoes and keep them aside.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food kolkata style chicken biryani recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!