Chicken Dum Biryani. Chicken dum biryani recipe with step by step pictures. Chicken dum biryani recipe can be prepared in two ways, kacha (kachi) Method and Pakki Method. Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani is a World famous Dish, it is made using chicken which is marinated then cooked and then is added to cooked rice and again.
hyderabadi preparation which is loved by all. Learn the authentic way of making chicken dum biryani and. Dum Biryani is made using the "dum pukht" method.
Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, chicken dum biryani. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Dum Biryani is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Chicken Dum Biryani is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
Chicken dum biryani recipe with step by step pictures. Chicken dum biryani recipe can be prepared in two ways, kacha (kachi) Method and Pakki Method. Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani is a World famous Dish, it is made using chicken which is marinated then cooked and then is added to cooked rice and again.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken dum biryani using 50 ingredients and 31 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Dum Biryani:
- Get For of Ingredients for Chicken preparation.
- Prepare 1 kg of Chicken with bones.
- Prepare 3 of chopped Onions.
- Take 2 big of Onion beresta(fried onion) from onions.
- Prepare 2 cups of plain Yoghurt(beaten).
- Make ready 2 tbsp of :Ginger-garlic paste.
- Make ready 3 tablespoons of Biryani masala(recipe given below).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Saffron infused water.
- Make ready 2 tsp of minced green Chilli or as per your taste.
- Take 2-3 sprigs of Mint leaves.
- Take 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of Lemon juice.
- Make ready 2-3 of Alu Bukhara (dry plum).
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Get as required of Sufficient oil to deep fry onions to make beresta.
- Make ready For of Ingredients for Rice preparation.
- Prepare 1 kg of long grain Basmati rice.
- Get 3-4 of Cloves.
- Make ready 2-3 of Cinnamon sticks(1 inch each).
- Make ready 3-4 of green Cardamom.
- Take 5-6 of black Peppercorn.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Shah jeera.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of Ghee.
- Get 1 tablespoon of leftover oil of fried onions.
- Get 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Get 2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Prepare 3-4 litre of Water.
- Take For of Ingredients for layering Biryani.
- Prepare 1-2 handful of Mint leaves.
- Get 1 cup of Fried Onions (beresta).
- Get 1 cup of Milk.
- Take 5-6 of Saffron strands soaked in 1/4th cup of Milk.
- Get 1 tablespoon of Ghee.
- Prepare Few of drops of Biryani essence.
- Make ready Few of drops of Kewra water.
- Make ready 1 tsp or as per your taste of Salt.
- Make ready For of Ingredients of homemade Biryani masala.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of Coriander seeds.
- Get 2 tablespoon of Shah jeera.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Fennel seeds.
- Take 5-6 of dry red Chillies.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Black proper corns.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Cloves.
- Prepare 8-9 of green Cardamom.
- Prepare 2 of Black Cardamom.
- Make ready 3-4 (1 inch) of size Cinnamon.
- Take 2-3 of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of small piece of Nutmeg.
- Make ready 1 of small piece of Mace.
- Get 1 tablespoon of dry raw mango.
Dum pukht in the Persian language means "slow Chicken is the main ingredient for making Hyderabadi chicken dum biryani. Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe is one such recipe which is loved by everyone in the family. Each of the variation being loyal to its regional history. Chicken dum biryani is goodness of rice and meat in layers!
Steps to make Chicken Dum Biryani:
- To prepare Biryani masala dry roast(until aromatic) all the ingredients mentioned above for the masala except, dry mango, nutmeg, and mace..
- Grind all the ingredients together to make the spice powder. Set aside..
- For Onion barista Slice 3-4 onions thinly and uniformly..
- Fry with sufficient cooking oil until light golden brown. Drain excess oil and spread it to a kitchen towel. It's very important to fry onions properly as it is one of the most important ingredients of biryani. Fry until just lightly golden brown. Over frying may make them bitter in taste..
- To make Rice wash, rinse rice 3-4 times and soak for an hour with sufficient water..
- Place a broad vessel with 3-4 liter of water. Add in salt(a little more than normal), cloves, black peppers, green cardamom, cinnamon, shah jeera, ghee, lemon juice, and leftover oil of onion barista..
- Bring to a roaring boil. Then add in the soaked (drained water) rice, stir lightly and cook in medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until the rice cooked to 75% to 80%..
- Drain the cooked rice into a broad colander and spread them so that they won't stick to each other. The intention is to release the vapor from the rise. Set aside until vapor releases completely..
- Procedure to marinade the chicken..
- Cut chicken in medium-sized pieces with skin on. Wash properly and drain excess water..
- Soak saffron strands with 2-3 tablespoons of water..
- To a big mixing bowl, add in the chicken pieces..
- To that add in chopped onion, fried onion, ginger-garlic paste, minced green chilies, beaten curd, 2-3 tbsp home-made biryani masala (use as per your choice, if you like light spiced biryani then add in 2 tbsp or if you like spicy biryani, add in 3-4 tablespoon), Kashmiri red chili powder, saffron water, mint leaves, salt, and lemon juice..
- Mix well with your hand, cover, and keep aside for at least 2 hours at room temperature..
- Also, add in 2-3 aloo Bukhara/dry plum..
- After marinading the chicken it is time to fry the chicken. For that add in ghee and leftover oil of onion barista to a heavy-bottomed pan..
- Pan and fry in medium-low heat for about 10-15 minutes. These steps really help to enhance the flavor of the chicken. No need to cook the chicken completely. They will perfectly cook with rice in "dum"..
- Layering process. First, soak some saffron strands with 1/4th cup of milk..
- Take a big heavy bottomed vessel and put some rice(prepared early) at the bottom of the vessel to make a thin layer. Use 1/3rd of the rice. Discard any whole spices you find..
- Next place the prepared chicken along with the gravy..
- Over that sprinkle a handful of onion beretta/fried onion and few sprigs of mint leaves. Over that spread 1/2 of the remaining rice..
- Again sprinkle 2- a tablespoon of saffron milk, fried onion, and few mint leaves..
- Now spread the remaining rice on the top..
- Put 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of water in the pot where we cooked the chicken. A lot of spices remain in the pot. We don't want to throw them. To that add in 1 tablespoon of ghee, a little salt, few mint leaves, 1/2 teaspoon of biryani masala, and the remaining saffron milk..
- Mix well and pour over the rice..
- Finally sprinkle some more fried onions, mint leaves, biryani essence, and kewra water..
- Cover the vessel 1st with aluminum foil and then with a lid. The vessel should cover tightly..
- Place the vessel on to stovetop. Cook in high heat for 3-4 minutes and then simmer the flame and cook in dum for 20-25 minutes..
- After cooking, remove from heat, set aside for 10 minutes, and then remove the lid and foil. Wow.Done.
- Very carefully, with a flat spatula, release the biryani from sides to serve..
- Serve hot with some raita and salad. It's really aromatic, mildly spiced biryani..
Process of cooking in it's own steam until rice and meat are perfectly cooked. Hyderabadi chicken biryani recipe, the best authentic biryani better than restaurant-style biryani. How to make chicken biryani dum style, easy,step by step. Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe is one of the best ways to make biryani and mind you, it is full of very distinct flavours. The most important of which comes from the very many spices like cardamom.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food chicken dum biryani recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!