Jjampong (Korean Spicy Seafood Noodle Soup). Jjamppong is spicy seafood noodle soup. It's a popular Korean noodle dish. Home » Noodles » Jjamppong (Korean Spicy Seafood Noodle Soup).
Use a variety of seafood for a better tasting soup. There are two majorly popular Chinese inspired Korean When the weather outside is chilly and dreary, Korean people often order this Korean spicy seafood noodle soup, Jjamppong, from their local. Spicy seafood and meat mixed noodle soup (Jjamppong: 짬뽕).
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, jjampong (korean spicy seafood noodle soup). One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Jjampong (Korean Spicy Seafood Noodle Soup) is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Jjampong (Korean Spicy Seafood Noodle Soup) is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Jjamppong is spicy seafood noodle soup. It's a popular Korean noodle dish. Home » Noodles » Jjamppong (Korean Spicy Seafood Noodle Soup).
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have jjampong (korean spicy seafood noodle soup) using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Jjampong (Korean Spicy Seafood Noodle Soup):
- Make ready 1 bunch of Bokchoy.
- Make ready 120 grams of Chicken Breast.
- Make ready 6 cloves of Garlic.
- Get 1 inch of Ginger.
- Make ready 4 stalks of Onion Leeks.
- Prepare 1/4 head of Cabbage.
- Make ready 1 piece of White Onion.
- Make ready 1/2 piece of Carrot.
- Make ready 1/2 piece of Zucchini.
- Take 4 tablespoons of Cooking Oil.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of Gochugaru.
- Make ready 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- Make ready 2 teaspoons of Oyster Sauce.
- Make ready 6 cups of Water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Cooking Wine.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of Sesame Oil.
- Make ready 2 pieces of Squid.
- Prepare 2 pieces of Prawns.
- Prepare 1 piece of Crab.
- Get 2 bundles of Somen Noodles.
- Prepare of Water for boiling.
Jjamppong and jjajangmyeon (noodles with black bean sauce) are common dishes for Korean Chinese delivery. They are usually served in huge portions and both use the same noodles. Jjamppong is a spicy Korean noodle soup with seafood in a spicy broth. It's a Korean-Chinese dish with its origin in China.
Steps to make Jjampong (Korean Spicy Seafood Noodle Soup):
- PREPARE THE CHICKEN AND THE VEGETABLES Slice the chicken breast thinly. Chop the garlic and ginger finely. Chop the onion leeks thinly or cut it into strips. Slice the white onion and the cabbage. Cut the root end of the bokchoy and wash well to remove the dirt. Julienne-cut the carrot and zucchini. To do the julienne-cut: slice the vegetable diagonally into long sticks then into strips..
- PREPARE THE SEAFOOD For the crab, remove the cover and the gills then cut the meaty side into two. For the prawns, remove the head and shellthen de-vein the prawns by making an incision on its back. For the squid, remove the head including the ink sac and innards. Peel the skin and cut it vertically on one side to make it flat. Then make a criss-cross incisions on the front and back sides. Wash the seafood under running water..
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS Under low heat, heat the wok or large skillet and add 4 tablespoons of cooking oil. Add the garlic, ginger, onion leeks and let them infuse their flavors into the oil. Turn up the heat to high. Add the chicken and vegetables (except for the bokchoy) then stir fry until the chicken turns white..
- Add the gochugaru and stir fry for a minute. Add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce around the wok or skillet (not directly to the vegetables) and 2 teaspoons of oyster sauce. Continue to stir fry for 30 seconds. Pour 6 cups of water and 1/4 cup of cooking wine. Bring to boil and boil for 5 minutes..
- While the soup base is boiling, cook the somen noodles according to package instructions. Somen noodles are thin and will take just a few minutes to cook when placed in boiling water. Boil the noodles, drain, and rinse under cold water. You may also soak it in ice water to stop cooking and then drain later before adding to the jjampong soup..
- Add the crab into the soup and boil for 5-10 minutes depending on how big the crab is. When the crab is already cooked, add the squid, prawns, bokchoy, and sesame oil. You can adjust the seasoning if needed, according to your preference. Continue boiling until the squid and shrimp is cooked completely (about 5-8 minutes)..
- PLATING Add the noodles neatly into the center of the bowl. Pour the soup and arrange the seafood around the noodles. Top with chili and onion leeks. Serve hot..
Called 炒码面 (chaomamian) in Chinese, this dish originated from Hunan and traditionally made with a white color bone broth. The Chinese restaurants in Korea started to adapt. Today, I will show you how to make Jjamppong, Korean spicy seafood noodle soup. I dare say it's one of the dishes that you can easily mess up at home because if you make it at home, it is likely to become too fishy. However, unlike its name, it shouldn't taste like the sea.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food jjampong (korean spicy seafood noodle soup) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!