Layered Chicken Pulao.
Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, layered chicken pulao. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Layered Chicken Pulao is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Layered Chicken Pulao is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have layered chicken pulao using 28 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Layered Chicken Pulao:
- Get 1 Cup of Basmati rice.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Ghee.
- Make ready 400 gms of Chicken cut into medium pieces.
- Prepare 1 of Onion sliced.
- Take 1 of Tej patta(bay leaf) small.
- Take 2-3 cloves of chopped Garlic.
- Take 1 inch of chopped Ginger.
- Take 1-2 of Green chillies chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dhaniya (Coriander)power.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
- Take as required of Whole spices (crushed coarsely).
- Take 3-4 of Laung (cloves.
- Take 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- Prepare 2-3 of black pepper whole.
- Prepare 1 of Moti Iliachi (black Cardamom).
- Get 1 inch of Dalchini stick(cinnamon).
- Prepare Other of spices (powder coarsely and tie in a muslin cloth).
- Take 1 tbsp of Saboot dhaniya(Coriander seeds).
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Fiki saunf(fennel seeds).
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Jeera(cumin seeds).
- Get Other of Ingredients-.
- Prepare 8-10 of Kaju(cashew) and badam(almonds), halved and roasted.
- Prepare 2 of onions sliced and fried till crisp.
- Get 12-15 of Mint leaves.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of kewra water.
- Prepare TO serve of Plain raita.
Instructions to make Layered Chicken Pulao:
- Wash the rice in plenty of water and soak for 20 minutes..
- Collect the whole spices in a pestle and mortar and crush lightly..
- Powder saunf, saboot dhaniya and jeera. Tie these in a muslin cloth and secure tightly..
- Put clean chicke in a pressure cooker along with the crushed whole spices, muslin spice bag, ginger, garlic, Tej patta and half tsp of salt. Add 2.5 cups of water. After the first whistle, pressure cook on low heat for 1-2 minutes. Let the pressure drop by itself..
- Strain the chicken through a strainer. Keep the stock and chicken pieces separate. Discard the rest..
- Take a heavy bottom handi or pan, heat 3 tbsp ghee Add the onions and saute till light golden..
- Add chicken pieces, red chilli powder, dhaniya powder, garam masala and salt. Saute for 1-2 minutes on low heat..
- Add the soaked rice and green chillies. Stir gently for 1-2 minutes. Measure 2 cups of stock retaining from boiling the chicken. Add it to the rice. Bring it to a boil, Cover and cook on low heat till all the water is absorbed and each rice grains is separate..
- To assemble the biryani, grease a serving handi or borosilicate dish. Transfer half of the rice to it. (I am using the same handi after cleaning it) Sprinkle some fried onions, nuts, and mint leaves. I have also sprinkled some food color (totally optional).
- Add the rest of the rice and Cover nicely with fried onions, mint leaves and nuts. Sprinkle the kewara water. Cover. If using a ovenproof dish cover with a foil..
- If you do not have an oven just layer the pulao in a greased heavy bottom bhagona or handi. heat a tawa on very low flame and keep the on the tawa at the lowest heat for 20 minutes. Put some weight on the cover..
- Or else Preheat the oven at 150 degree Celsius. Keep in the oven for dum, for 25-30 minutes. Serve and relish with plain raita..
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food layered chicken pulao recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!