Chicken Katsu Curry. The secret to Wagamama's signature chicken katsu curry is the combination of curry powder, turmeric, chicken stock, coconut milk, and soy sauce, along with onions, garlic, and ginger. This truly epic chicken katsu curry recipe from Jamie Oliver's Friday Night Feast is an absolute weekend treat. "Katsu curry is super-delicious and is one of Japan's most popular dishes. This dish has been made famous in the UK by the restaurant Wagamama and now we're sharing with you how to make it for yourself!
Katsu Curry (カツカレー) is a combination of Japanese Curry and a panko-breaded cutlet. It is the ultimate comfort dish when you have a craving for a big meal. When I make curry at home, Mr.
Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, chicken katsu curry. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
The secret to Wagamama's signature chicken katsu curry is the combination of curry powder, turmeric, chicken stock, coconut milk, and soy sauce, along with onions, garlic, and ginger. This truly epic chicken katsu curry recipe from Jamie Oliver's Friday Night Feast is an absolute weekend treat. "Katsu curry is super-delicious and is one of Japan's most popular dishes. This dish has been made famous in the UK by the restaurant Wagamama and now we're sharing with you how to make it for yourself!
Chicken Katsu Curry is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Chicken Katsu Curry is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken katsu curry using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Katsu Curry:
- Make ready of Chicken Katsu.
- Make ready of Chicken Breasts (pounded until thin).
- Make ready of Egg.
- Make ready of Flour.
- Get of Japanese Panko-Style Breadcrumbs.
- Get of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare of Cooking Oil (for frying).
- Make ready of Curry.
- Get of Vermont Mild Japanese Curry Sauce (comes with two curry sauce cubes in a package).
- Get of Potatoes (or 3 medium potatoes).
- Make ready of White Onion.
- Make ready of Carrots.
- Take of Minced Garlic (optional).
- Prepare of Water.
- Get of Scallions (for garnish).
- Take of Vegetable Oil.
Japanese-style curry sauce: This is my own customized version, making it from scratch, all in one pan. You could always go the easy way and get the curry roux from your local Asian grocery though. Curry over rice served with panko breaded chicken and a light salad. This popular Japanese chicken katsu curry is easy to make for a low-cost midweek meal.
Instructions to make Chicken Katsu Curry:
- For the curry, peel (optional) and cut up potatoes into wedges. Dice the onion. Peel and chop up the carrots. Mince the garlic..
- In a stewing pot, add oil and garlic in the pot and heat up the garlic and oil at the same time to infuse garlic taste..
- When the garlic starts to turn a golden color, add in diced onion and cook until onion is translucent..
- When the onion starts to take on a little color, add in potatoes, carrots, and water. Bring to a boil..
- When the soup comes to a boil, turn down the heat and leave it to simmer for about 30 minutes our until the potatoes are knife-tender..
- After the potatoes become tender, break up the curry cubes and add to the pot of veggies. Turn down the heat to low and stir the curry into the soup to thicken. Stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes. (I'm using Vermont brand curry sauce, but you can definitely use any other curry sauce recipe you like).
- While the curry is thickening, start pounding both chicken breasts flat with either the smooth side of a meat tenderizer, a rolling pin, or the palm of your hands! (Great stress reliever)..
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper..
- Separate the flour, egg (cracked and beaten), and panko in three different shallow plates. Start dredging and chicken. Toss the chicken in the flour until coated, shake off any excess flour, and soak in the beaten egg until covered. Pick up the chicken and then toss the chicken in the bread crumbs, pressing the crumbs into the chicken. Repeat with other chicken breast let the chicken rest while the oil is heating..
- Heat the oil in a high-side pan on medium heat. To tell if the oil is ready, drop a bread crumb into the oil and watch for a light crackle sound. Drop the chicken in the oil and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels and slice into strips..
- Serve your curry on a bed of fluffy rice and top with crispy chicken and sliced scallions. Voila!.
You can prepare the curry sauce in advance, and the strips of chicken are quick to coat and fry up into hot. Chicken Katsu Curry from Gizzi Erskine's Kitchen Magic. Recreate your Wagamamas favourite and make katsu curry at home. This Japanese-inspired curry is a decadent treat with its fried. Chicken katsu curry is an absolute favourite – traditionally hailing from Japan, this dish compromises of panko breadcrumb coated chicken in a thick curry sauce and rice.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chicken katsu curry recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!