Chicken Katsu. Chicken katsu, also known as panko chicken, or tori katsu (torikatsu (鶏カツ)) is a Japanese dish of fried chicken made with panko bread crumbs which is also popular in Australia, Hawaii, London, California, and other areas of the world. Chicken katsu has got to be one of my all time favorite things to make and eat. It's like shake and bake chicken but holy heck, so much better!
Can also be used to make Tonkatsu, just use pork cutlets instead of chicken. Serve with white rice and tonkatsu sauce. Chicken Katsu – Japanese fried chicken cutlet with panko bread crumbs.
Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, chicken katsu. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken katsu, also known as panko chicken, or tori katsu (torikatsu (鶏カツ)) is a Japanese dish of fried chicken made with panko bread crumbs which is also popular in Australia, Hawaii, London, California, and other areas of the world. Chicken katsu has got to be one of my all time favorite things to make and eat. It's like shake and bake chicken but holy heck, so much better!
Chicken Katsu is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Chicken Katsu is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook chicken katsu using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Katsu:
- Prepare of Boneless chicken breast.
- Get of egg.
- Take of Flour.
- Prepare of Panko.
- Get of Oil for frying.
This recipe yields very crispy chicken and served with homemade Katsu Chicken katsu is served with a tonkatsu or katsu sauce. Chicken katsu (Japanese chicken schnitzel or chicken cutlet) is usually served with the However, preparing chicken katsu is like cooking pasta. You need to master a few basic techniques to get the. Chicken Katsu (チキンカツ) is a variation on Tonkatsu, which uses chicken instead of pork.
Steps to make Chicken Katsu:
- Slice the chicken diagonally. This cutting technique is called Sogigiri in Japanese. Each piece will have more surface area so it will cook faster..
- Put the chicken in a bowl and add sake, salt, and pepper. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Coat the chicken with flour and shake off any excess..
- Dredge each chicken piece in the beaten egg..
- Coat the chicken with Panko and remove any excess. If you have time, let the chicken sit in the refrigerator for 15 minutes..
- Heat 1-2 inch of oil in the cast iron skillet or a heavy-bottomed Dutch oven. Drop a piece of panko to see if the oil is ready..
- Deep fry until both sides are golden brown, about 5-6 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack or paper towel-lined tray to remove excess oil..
The name "Katsu" comes from the English word "cutlet," which becomes "katsuretsu" when transliterated into. Katsu, a popular Japanese comfort food of breaded cutlets, is commonly made with chicken or pork. For this chicken version, boneless chicken breasts are pounded thin, dredged in flour. Chicken Katsu is the crispiest chicken cutlet you can easily make at home! I'm talking about Chicken Katsu (チキンカツ), a Japanese version of chicken schnitzel.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food chicken katsu recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!