Chicken and Potato Curry. Buy us a cup of coffee. Thank you all so much for watching our recipe videos and supporting our channel. If you would to further support and help us continue.
Add the potatoes and spices and stir to combine. Pour in the tomatoes, coconut milk and sugar. Thai Yellow Chicken Curry with Potatoes – the ultimate comfort food that is surprisingly easy to make!
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, chicken and potato curry. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Buy us a cup of coffee. Thank you all so much for watching our recipe videos and supporting our channel. If you would to further support and help us continue.
Chicken and Potato Curry is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Chicken and Potato Curry is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have chicken and potato curry using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken and Potato Curry:
- Take 5 of large chicken breasts, diced.
- Take 1.25 Kg of Maris piper potatoes, chopped.
- Make ready 2 of Large knobs of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 1 of large onion, finely diced.
- Get 3-4 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fresh grated ginger.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of hot chilli powder.
- Take 2 tbsp of hot paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Take 1 Kg of passata.
- Take 800 ml of coconut milk.
- Take of Small cup of water.
- Take 3 of red chillies.
- Take 1 of lime, juiced.
- Get of Small bunch of coriander, roughly chopped.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of Greek yoghurt.
- Take of To serve.
- Make ready of Basmati rice.
- Make ready of Naan bread (optional).
- Make ready of Greek yoghurt (optional, but encouraged).
So perfectly savory with just a teensy bit of sweet. All Reviews for Chicken Curry and Potatoes. A great tasting curry from scratch will always call for a fair few spices. However, the really nice thing about Chicken Satay Curry (Malaysian).
Instructions to make Chicken and Potato Curry:
- Start by adding the butter and oil together in a large saucepan, and stir until sizzling.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger and a pinch of salt, and stir on a medium-low heat, until the onions are soft and brown. Top tip: Freeze your ginger, and grate it while it’s frozen. This makes it easier to grate – as when it isn’t frozen it’s all stringy..
- Once the onions are brown, add the paprika, chilli powder, turmeric and cumin. Stir until it becomes a thick, almost paste like texture, then add a little drop of the water to de-glaze the pan. Stir until everything has become unstuck from the bottom of the saucepan..
- Add the chicken, and bring the heat to a medium-high, and cook until the meat is white all over..
- Add the potatoes then stir. Add the passata, coconut milk and chilli, then leave to simmer for around 45 mins, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are soft..
- Add the lime and coriander, and stir. Once it’s finished, add the yoghurt to give the sauce a creamier texture..
- Serve with fluffy basmati rice and Greek yoghurt..
Measuring out those spices is definitely the step that takes the most time in this recipe!! Curry chicken with potatoes is the most common chicken curry recipe in Malaysia. Everywhere you go where curries are served, you will find this type of chicken curry. For the Nyonya in Penang, chicken curry is especially popular and often served with nasi kunyit which is Malaysian coconut milk. Serve this mildly spiced curry with rice noodles, basmati rice or chappati breads and introduce your kids to curry from BBC Good Food.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food chicken and potato curry recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!