Machboos. Kabsa (Arabic: كبسة kabsah) is a mixed rice dish, served on a communal platter, that originates from Saudi Arabia but is commonly regarded as a national dish in countries of the Arabian peninsula. The dish is made with rice and meat. Machboos, also known as machbous, is the national dish of Bahrain and a typical dish of the Gulf cuisine, its name derived There are many varieties of machboos made with chicken, lamb or fish.
Chicken Machboos, or Machboos ala Dajaj ("spiced chicken and rice"), is the national dish of Bahrain, Machboos is a rice-based dish , it often goes by the name of kabsa. Machboos is a national rice dish in Kuwait, which is a spiced rice dish mixed with fish. Common fish they use includes Zubaidi (white pomfret) or other large meaty fish.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, machboos. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Machboos is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Machboos is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Kabsa (Arabic: كبسة kabsah) is a mixed rice dish, served on a communal platter, that originates from Saudi Arabia but is commonly regarded as a national dish in countries of the Arabian peninsula. The dish is made with rice and meat. Machboos, also known as machbous, is the national dish of Bahrain and a typical dish of the Gulf cuisine, its name derived There are many varieties of machboos made with chicken, lamb or fish.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have machboos using 31 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Machboos:
- Get 2 cup of long grain basmati rice, washed soaked in water for 1 hr.
- Take 4 of chicken leg pcs,.
- Get of For Marination…
- Get 1 tbsp of garlic paste,.
- Take 1 tsp of ginger paste,.
- Make ready 1 tsp of black pepper crushed,.
- Prepare as per taste of Lil salt,.
- Get as required of Juice of 1 lemon,.
- Take of Spice Mix….
- Take 1 tbsp of coriander seeds,.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of black pepper,.
- Get 8 of green cardamom,.
- Make ready 2 of tejpatta,.
- Get 1 tsp of Jeera,.
- Prepare 1 of bari Elaichi,.
- Prepare 5 of dry red chilli,.
- Take . 5 of laung,.
- Get . 3 pc of dalchini,.
- Take 1/2 tsp of white pepper powder,.
- Take 1/2 tsp of haldi powder,.
- Make ready 6 tbsp of oil,.
- Take 2 of med sized onion sliced,.
- Prepare 3 of med sized tomato chopped finely,.
- Make ready of Dry fruits….
- Prepare 20 of badam,.
- Get 20 of kaju,.
- Prepare 15 of kishmish,.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon zest,.
- Prepare to taste, of Salt.
- Take 4 tbsp of desi ghee,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of gulab jal or rose water,.
Today lets see how to make Fish Machboos / Majboos. Machboos is a dish which can be prepared with chicken or fish or mutton. Here am sharing the recipe of Fish majboos. Machboos is a dish of rice & meat, popular in many Gulf countries & across Saudi Arabia.
Steps to make Machboos:
- Dry roast all the ingredients of spice mix except haldi & white pepper powder, cool it, grind it to a coarse powder. Now mix haldi & white pepper powder with it..
- Take chicken leg pcs in a dish, make gashes, keep aside..
- Mix all the ingredients of marination, rub it onto the leg pcs, keep it in the fridge for 1 hour..
- Take a broad heavy bottom pan, add oil, heat it..
- Add onion, stir fry it until light brown. Now add marinated chicken leg pcs, stir fry it for a minute..
- Add tomato & salt, give a stir..
- In goes lemon zest & 2 tbsp spice mix, also add rest of the marinade..
- Stir fry it for a minute, sprinkle some water, lower the flame, cover it with the lid, cook it for 3 minutes..
- Open the lid, increase the flame, add 3.5 cup water, boil it..
- Cover it again, lower the flame, cook it until chicken is almost cooked. Take out the chicken pcs, keep aside..
- Strain rice, add in the same gravy, also add salt, give a stir. Let it boil till water is almost absorbed. Lower the flame, cover it again,cook it for 2 minutes..
- In the mean time, fry dry fruits in 2 tbsp ghee one by one till light brown, keep aside..
- Now add rest of the ghee in the same pan, add chicken pcs, sprinkle spice mix, cook it on moderate flame, roast it nicely till golden brown..
- Place the chicken pcs over the rice. Cover it again, dum it on low flame till done. Do not stir in between..
- Turn off the flame, open the lid after 10 minutes..
- Take out in a serving dish, garnish it with fried dry fruits..
- Serve it with any salad 🥗.I have used chicken leg pcs…better to have leg oc along with thigh portion…
Here is a version which is traditionally made in Bahrain. If you don't have any Buharat / Baharat spice. Your Machboos stock images are ready. Download all free or royalty-free photos and images. Use them in commercial designs under lifetime, perpetual & worldwide rights.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food machboos recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!