Pozole Verde con Pollo. Pozole de pollo verde sabroso/ exquisito y fácil. Felices Fiestas Patrias Sorprende a tus seres queridos ¡les fascinará! This Pozole Verde de Pollo recipe is such a crowd pleaser and this recipe makes a pretty big batch!
You can use canned pozole but for best flavor buy prepared, dried pozole. This Pozole Verde de pollo recipe is my favorite winter soup. This bright, flavorful and easy soup is a lot like a Mexican stew using tomatillos, pepitas, chicken and hominy!
Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, pozole verde con pollo. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pozole Verde con Pollo is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Pozole Verde con Pollo is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
Pozole de pollo verde sabroso/ exquisito y fácil. Felices Fiestas Patrias Sorprende a tus seres queridos ¡les fascinará! This Pozole Verde de Pollo recipe is such a crowd pleaser and this recipe makes a pretty big batch!
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have pozole verde con pollo using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Pozole Verde con Pollo:
- Take 110 oz of Mexican style hominy (canned).
- Take of Chicken broth.
- Get 1 of whole chicken.
- Get 1/2 of yellow onion.
- Get 4 of garlic cloves (peeled).
- Prepare 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 cube of Knorr caldo de pollo chicken buillon.
- Prepare 2.5 liters of water.
- Make ready of salt/pepper.
- Prepare of Salsa verde.
- Get 4 lbs of tomatillos.
- Take 1 of jalapeño (seeded).
- Make ready 1 bunch of cilantro.
- Get 1/2 of yellow onion.
- Take 4 of garlic cloves (peeled).
- Make ready 1 handful of radish leaves.
- Take 2 tsp of oregano.
- Take 1 tsp of cumin.
- Get of salt/pepper.
- Make ready of To serve.
- Get 1/2 of cabbage (thin slices).
- Prepare 5 of radishes (sliced).
- Make ready 3 of limes (sliced).
- Get 1 bag of yellow corn tostadas.
- Make ready of oregano.
Top it with fried tortilla chips or tostadas, slices of avocado, thinly sliced radishes and cilantro for some added freshness and texture. Este pozole verde de pollo es ideal para tus fiestas de fin de año, cumpleaños, aniversarios, bautizos y hasta para un fin de semana de invierno. El pozole verde de pollo es un platillo tradicional mexicano que se sirve en muchas celebraciones especiales. En nuestra familia lo hacemos cada año.
Steps to make Pozole Verde con Pollo:
- Rinse and cut the whole chicken in half. Cook the chicken with water, onion, garlic cloves, bay leaves, chicken buillon cube, and salt/pepper in medium-low heat. This will take about 30 minutes to cook. Make sure that the chicken is fully submerged in water. After cooking, remove the chicken and shred it. Strain the broth into a different container and set it aside for later..
- Cut the onion into large slices. Place the tomatillos, jalapeno, onion, and garlic cloves over a stove top grill pan. Evenly sautée the vegetables with a small amount of oil until they are halfway charred..
- Add the charred vegetables to a blender. Add the cilantro, radish leaves, cumin, and oregano. Add a cup of chicken broth and blend everything fully..
- Note: You can add a serrano pepper to the salsa verde when blending to give it extra heat..
- Fry the salsa verde in a large pot using a small amount of oil for 5 minutes in medium heat, stirring every minute. On the side, strain the large can of hominy. Do not rinse the hominy, since you want all the hominy flavor..
- Add the strained hominy, strained broth, and shredded chicken to the salsa verde in the large pot in low heat for 30 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir every 5 minutes..
- To serve, pour a portion of pozole with plenty of hominy and chicken into large soup bowls. Garnish with radish slices, cabbage, lime juice, and oregano. Dip the tostadas and enjoy. Best paired with a cold Dos Equis or Corona beer..
Pozole Verde con Pollo: Tips, Tricks & Tools. Pozole Verde at its core is a simple chicken soup recipe with hominy and topped with sliced and chopped vegetables and herbs, and it does not require extra equipment or tools. However, below are a few of my favorite green kitchen staple items to make. With pozole verde this may be common as a side, but with pozole blanco (the white, pork variety that is eaten mostly in the south and is known in Mexico City as "Guerrerense") the sides may include With the pozole rojo (red in color, eaten in the center part of Mexico) it may include chicharron. Este pozole verde queda delicioso, estoy segura que les va a encantar.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food pozole verde con pollo recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!