Chicken, Butternut Squash & New Potato Ovenbake (11/20 version).
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken, butternut squash & new potato ovenbake (11/20 version). One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken, Butternut Squash & New Potato Ovenbake (11/20 version) is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Chicken, Butternut Squash & New Potato Ovenbake (11/20 version) is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken, butternut squash & new potato ovenbake (11/20 version) using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken, Butternut Squash & New Potato Ovenbake (11/20 version):
- Take 2 tbsp of vegetable oil (cold-pressed preferred).
- Take 8 of chicken thighs, with bones & skin.
- Get 3 of red onions, sliced into half-moon rings.
- Take 2 of leeks, thinly sliced.
- Get 1 of red chili, with seeds, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper, deseeded and in short, thin slices.
- Get 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Take 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- Take 250 ml of dry white wine.
- Prepare 500 ml of vegetable stock (I use “Marigold” bouillon powder or Knorr stock pots).
- Make ready 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- Make ready 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 500 g of new potatoes, in bite-sized chunks.
- Make ready 5 tbsp of crème fraîche.
- Prepare 1 handful of fresh coriander, chopped.
- Make ready of Salt.
- Take of Ground black pepper.
Steps to make Chicken, Butternut Squash & New Potato Ovenbake (11/20 version):
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 5 or electric equivalent (Circotherm 160C)..
- Heat oil in roasting tin. Quickly brown the chicken thighs in batches and set aside..
- Use a splash of the wine to deglaze the pan, then fry the onions for 2 minutes, stirring only to avoid sticking..
- Add the leeks, chili, pepper and garlic and fry for a further 5 minutes, gently stirring occasionally..
- Stir in the flour and fry for a further minute, stirring continuously..
- Stir in the wine, then the stock, then the Cajun seasoning and smoked paprika and finally return the chicken thighs to the roasting tin and stir gently but thoroughly to coat well..
- Bring to the boil, stir well and put in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes..
- Meanwhile, skin and deseed the butternut squash and cut into bite-sized chunks..
- After the 30 minutes, add the butternut squash and potatoes to the roasting tin. Stir gently but thoroughly, cover with foil and return to the oven for a further hour or until everything is cooked..
- Stir in the crème fraîche, then coriander and season to taste..
- Serve piping hot onto warm plates..
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chicken, butternut squash & new potato ovenbake (11/20 version) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!