Jollof rice with fried chicken and plantain. Jollof, a traditional Nigerian main dish, brings out the best flavors of rice and chicken and pairs especially well with fried plantains. This traditional Nigerian dish brings out the best possible flavor of rice and chicken. Chicken is first sauteed on the stove top to produce a wonderful aromatic base.
Note: you can decorate your jollof rice the way you like. Jollof Rice is very popular recipe in Africa, and especially Nigeria, where it is eaten with chicken and fried plantain. Jollof Rice & Chicken _ The rice is incredibly flavorful; the juicy of the chicken enhances the rice dish, making it really quite tasty!
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, jollof rice with fried chicken and plantain. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Jollof, a traditional Nigerian main dish, brings out the best flavors of rice and chicken and pairs especially well with fried plantains. This traditional Nigerian dish brings out the best possible flavor of rice and chicken. Chicken is first sauteed on the stove top to produce a wonderful aromatic base.
Jollof rice with fried chicken and plantain is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Jollof rice with fried chicken and plantain is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook jollof rice with fried chicken and plantain using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Jollof rice with fried chicken and plantain:
- Make ready 4 cups of Rice.
- Make ready 2 of ripe plantain.
- Get of Salt.
- Make ready of Vegetable oil for frying.
- Get 2 pieces of Carrots.
- Take Handful of Spring onion.
- Take 2 sachet of tomatoes.
- Take 1 teaspoon of curry.
- Make ready 2 of big onion.
- Get 1 teaspoon of curry.
- Take 1 teaspoon of ginger and garlic paste.
- Take 1 kg of Chicken.
- Get 3 of Knorr seasoning.
- Make ready 5 pieces of Fresh pepper.
Traditional Nigerian Jollof Rice, Fried Plantain and Spicy Sauce served in fresh Pineapple peel. I call it my African Calabash Beauty. Jollof (/dʒəˈlɒf/), or jollof rice, is a rice dish from West Africa. The dish is typically made with long-grain rice, tomatoes, onions, spices, vegetables and meat in a single pot, although its ingredients and preparation methods vary across different regions.
Steps to make Jollof rice with fried chicken and plantain:
- Boil the chicken with salt,curry,thyme,maggi and onion for 20minutes.fry with vegetable oil..
- Parboil rice for 15minutes,keep aside.heat up vegetable oil slice in onion and put the sachet tomatoes..
- Stir and fry for 7minutes.ppur in the chicken stock and more water after 10minutes add curry,salt,garlic and ginger paste..
- Knorr seasoning,fresh pepper and salt pour in the parboiled rice and stir very well..
- Boil for 20minutes taste for salt add if necessary..
- Slice the spring onion and carrots and pour it inside the rice onces the rice is done..
- Slice the plantain sprinkle salt on it and fry in hot vegetable oil for 3minutes..
Jollof, Kelewele (Spiced Fried Plantain), Baked Chicken and Green Beans. Rice cooked in a delicious blend of tomatoes and peppers. So my editing software completely messed up. Hey I made this West African dish tonight and all I can do now is obsess about making more of it and eating more of it. Oh, and fried plaintain if you can get it.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food jollof rice with fried chicken and plantain recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!