Jollof rice with fried chicken. This is one of my mom's recipes and it was inspired by the Senegalese Thiébou guinar. Jollof, a traditional Nigerian main dish, brings out the best flavors of rice and chicken and pairs especially well with fried plantains. Chicken is first sauteed on the stove top to produce a wonderful aromatic base for the rice.
It traditionally consists of rice, cooking oil, vegetables such as tomato, onion, red Jollof Rice with Chicken- You will love this easy, flavorful West African one-pot chicken and rice dish! Perfect for regular nights, big parties, and. Serve with jollof rice and fried plantains.
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, jollof rice with fried chicken. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This is one of my mom's recipes and it was inspired by the Senegalese Thiébou guinar. Jollof, a traditional Nigerian main dish, brings out the best flavors of rice and chicken and pairs especially well with fried plantains. Chicken is first sauteed on the stove top to produce a wonderful aromatic base for the rice.
Jollof rice with fried chicken is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Jollof rice with fried chicken is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have jollof rice with fried chicken using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Jollof rice with fried chicken:
- Take 4 pieces of Chicken.
- Prepare of Fresh pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of Curry.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Ginger.
- Take 1 sachet of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 of knorr seasoning.
- Make ready 1 of cooking spoon Crayfish.
- Take 2 of big Onion.
- Take 2 of cooking spoon vegetable oil.
Jollof (/dʒəˈlɒf/), or jollof rice, is a rice dish from West Africa. The dish is typically made with long-grain rice, tomatoes, onions, spices, vegetables and meat in a single pot, although its ingredients and preparation methods vary across different regions. Home Hausa Foods Delicious Jollof Rice With Fried Chicken. Jollof Rice is very popular recipe in Africa, and especially Nigeria, where it is eaten with chicken and fried plantain.
Steps to make Jollof rice with fried chicken:
- Parboil the rice for 15minutes,wash and keep aside..
- Boil the chicken till is soft with salt,knorr cubes,curry,onion..
- Fry the tomato paste in a hot vegetable oil,be stirring to avoid getting burnt..
- Pour in the chicken stock and stir allow it to boil for few minutes.then add salt,curry,crayfish,sliced fresh pepper and boil for 4 minutes..
- Pour in water that will be enough for boiling the rice,as is boiling pit the knorr seasioning and ginger..
- Pour in the parboiled rice and stir very well to mix up the ingredients and cover to boil..
- Be checking to know when is done..
Another firm favorite of my Italian hubby, the main ingredients in Jollof Rice are rice, tomatoes, and oil. My recipe below is a basic, but very delicious variation of Jollof Rice. Jollof Rice & Chicken _ The rice is incredibly flavorful; the juicy of the chicken enhances the rice dish, making it really quite tasty! Traditional Nigerian Jollof Rice, Fried Plantain and Spicy Sauce served in fresh Pineapple peel. I call it my African Calabash Beauty.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food jollof rice with fried chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!