Egusi Soup. Egusi soup is unarguably the most popular Nigerian soup. In my few years as a food blogger and Nigerian food lover, I have learned that different recipes exist across different Nigerian ethnic groups. How to make Nigerian Egusi soup
Nigerian Egusi Soup is a soup thickened with ground melon seeds and contains leafy and other vegetables. Find out how to cook egusi soup with this egusi soup recipe. Egusi Soup (Caking Method): I also call this one the Egusi Before Oil method.
Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, egusi soup. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Egusi Soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Egusi Soup is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Egusi soup is unarguably the most popular Nigerian soup. In my few years as a food blogger and Nigerian food lover, I have learned that different recipes exist across different Nigerian ethnic groups. How to make Nigerian Egusi soup
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have egusi soup using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Egusi Soup:
- Take 2 cups of egusi(grinded).
- Take 1/2 kg of Chicken.
- Make ready 4 of fresh pepper.
- Prepare 2 of knorr cube.
- Get 1 of dry fish.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of grinded crayfish.
- Get 1 of cksp Palm oil.
- Make ready 2 cup of spinach.
- Take to taste of Salt.
The surrounding egusi in the soup is prepared using the caking method. Egusi Soup is a finger-licking good Nigerian soup made with a white variety of pumpkin seeds. Egusi soup – nigerian egusi soup. This soup is native to West Africa (Nigeria) and many of my American as well as Nigerian friends have enjoyed it.
Instructions to make Egusi Soup:
- Wash your chicken put in a pot,spice with blended pepper, knorr cube, cook till chicken becomes tender.
- Blend fresh pepper and set aside; wash dry fish properly and set aside.
- In a dry empty pot, pour in your palm oil, allow to heat for some seconds, add your blended pepper and onion to the pot and stir fry for 5 minutes then add dry fish.
- Add your grinded egusi into your pepper mix and keep stirring make sure it doesn't get burnt.
- Pour in your chicken and little stock, add the grinded crayfish, put knorr cubes and little salt, you can add a little water if you feel it's too thick, cover the pot and cook for 10 minutes.
- Once your egusi is cooked add the diced spinach and stir then remove from heat and serve with any swallow of your choice..
Egusi soup is a type of soup thickened with ground Egusi i.e. after the dried melon seeds must have been peeled and powdered in a grinding engine (usually a hand-operated one). Here are excellent Egusi soup recipes to bring life to your table. Ever Cooked West African Egusi Soup Recipes? Egusi Soup With Fresh Fish &Vegetables. Egusi soup ,also known as Obe Efo elegusi/ Ofe Egusi , is a delicious Nigerian soup that is made with ground melon seeds and enriched with assorted meat.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food egusi soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!