Use-up Chicken & Leek Pie. It was written during a writing session of the PowerHouse label in Dubai. Chicken stock is a very useful ingredient when cooking. From chicken dishes to vegetables to rice, there are plenty of recipes to use it in.
Cutting Up Chicken. by Michael Chu. With the convenience of supermarkets providing chicken parts, we don't often have to cut up a whole chicken. G ood-quality chicken that's been reared slowly outdoors using the best environmental farming methods You can, of course, buy individual cuts, but that usually ends up much more expensive.
Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, use-up chicken & leek pie. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
It was written during a writing session of the PowerHouse label in Dubai. Chicken stock is a very useful ingredient when cooking. From chicken dishes to vegetables to rice, there are plenty of recipes to use it in.
Use-up Chicken & Leek Pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Use-up Chicken & Leek Pie is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook use-up chicken & leek pie using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Use-up Chicken & Leek Pie:
- Take 1 of carrot, diced.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Get 75 g of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1 of large knob butter.
- Get 1 of leek, finely sliced.
- Take 1 tbsp of plain flour (plus some for dusting pastry).
- Make ready 250 ml of milk.
- Get 1 of chicken stock cube (I use a Knorr Stock Pot).
- Get 350 g of Roast chicken, diced.
- Get of Ground black pepper.
- Make ready 500 g of readymade shortcrust pastry (I used JusRol chilled).
Now pound the chicken using a meat mallet (or rolling pin, can, truncheon or other tool of choice) Just be careful not to tear the chicken. But if you do, don't worry, we will patch it up to keep all that. Другие песни El Capon. Поделиться. Shut Up Chicken (Benji Of Sweden Remix). I tend to use chicken tenderloins but you can use sliced chicken breasts if easier.
Steps to make Use-up Chicken & Leek Pie:
- Boil the carrot in salted water, adding the peas for the last 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside..
- In a wok or largish frying pan fry the leek until softened in the butter. Remove from heat, stir in the flour, add the stock pot/cube and very gradually add the milk, stirring continuously to prevent lumps forming. Return to heat to thicken the sauce, still continuously stirring. Remove from heat..
- Add the cooked vegetables and chicken and stir well to mix. Season to taste..
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 6 or electric equivalent (Circotherm 170C)..
- Split the pastry block two-thirds/one-third and grease a pastry dish..
- Roll out the larger pastry piece and use it to line the pastry dish base. Fill with the chicken etc. Then roll out the smaller pieces and use it to top the pie. Crimp the edges to seal and make two or three small slits in the centre to allow the steam to escape..
- Heat in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the pie is cooked..
- Serve with your choice of vegetables. We had new potatoes and French beans today. A little Dijon mustard goes well..
Growing up, chicken schnitzel was a classic. I decided to make this dish oven-friendly using less oil, and an. Use the chicken back and these giblets to make stock for gravy. Chop up the back a little, and put the back, gizzard, and neck into a small saucepan and cover with water by a half inch or so. We use simple ingredients to load up chicken.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food use-up chicken & leek pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!