Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry. To be exact, Kerala Style Easy Chicken Curry goes well as a side dish with almost anything and is a favorite with all. Chicken pieces are marinated in a spicy cardamom flavored marinade before cooking. As regarding spicy flavor, you can adjust the spices as per your requirement.
Kerala chicken roast, a spicy and delicious Kerala-style chicken roast recipe with a semi-gravy consisting of onions and masala paste. The fiery red colour and the delicious gravy of the chicken curry is sure to impress you as well. Visits to Kottayam always involve a lot of great food.
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, kerala style spicy chicken curry. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To be exact, Kerala Style Easy Chicken Curry goes well as a side dish with almost anything and is a favorite with all. Chicken pieces are marinated in a spicy cardamom flavored marinade before cooking. As regarding spicy flavor, you can adjust the spices as per your requirement.
Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook kerala style spicy chicken curry using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry:
- Take 2-3 lbs of Free range organic whole chicken – skinless ,cut into medium size pieces.
- Take of Curry leaves few strands (or handful of leaves).
- Prepare 2 of medium size purple onions – chopped into fine pieces.
- Take 2 of large tomatoes- cut into fine pieces.
- Make ready of Extra virgin coconut oil required for cooking.
- Get 3-4 of green chillies chopped vertically.
- Get 1 cup of cilantro leaves – chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2-2 cups of coconut milk (another option – take 1 cup of shredded coconut and grind it into fine paste in mixer and use).
- Make ready 1 tbsp of ginger paste (around 2'' piece).
- Make ready 1 tbsp of garlic paste (around 4-5 nos).
- Get 2 tsp of vinegar.
- Make ready to taste of salt.
- Prepare of For Masala :.
- Take 5-8 of Dried red chilli (add more or less depending on spice level).
- Get 10 of Black peppercorns.
- Make ready 3-4 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Take 3-4 of cardamom pods.
- Make ready 3-4 of cloves.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Get 1 tsp of Fennel seeds.
- Get 2 of small sticks cinnamon (or 1/2 tsp if using powder).
- Make ready 2-3 strands of curry leaves.
- Make ready 4-5 of pearl onions – peeled and chopped into two halves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
Kerala Chicken curry, known for its rich flavour and a hint of extra spiciness, is a delicious choice for your chapati or rice. The various spices along with curry leaves lend the rich flavour to the gravy and is an absolute treat for the palate. Chicken curry with potato….creamy, rich and spicy,all time favorite of mine. Goes well with Kerala parota,or chapathi.
Instructions to make Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry:
- In a pan pour 1 tbsp of coconut oil and wait till the oil becomes hot. Next, fry all the items mentioned under masala section till the nice aroma of masala comes. Turn off the heat and wait for the mixture to cool down before you grind it into a thick paste (add some water for grinding). Keep this masala paste aside.
- In a cooking dish add few teaspoons of coconut oil required to fry the chopped onions. Wait till onion changes color. Then add salt as required..
- Next add ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and fry well. Into this add chopped tomato pieces, few curry leaves and sauté well.
- Add vinegar and the previously prepared masala paste and continue to sauté well..
- Add chicken pieces into this. Cover the dish and cook for 5 minutes. Now ,add coconut milk/paste and mix well. Allow this to cook for 2 – 5 minutes or till the chicken is cooked. Add hot water if you need more gravy. Finally add chopped cilantro, curry leaves. Mix everything well and bring it to a boil..
- Turn off the heat and pour 1/2 tsp coconut oil on the top. Serve hot with rice, roti, puttu, dosa, etc ..
Here the weather is perfect for having something hot and spicy. So I decided to make my favorite chicken curry.it is spicy but rich and. Kerala chicken curry is a simple but spicy chicken curry from Kerala, and my Easter recipe for you. Chicken curry well flavoured with spices, this recipe is a kind of traditional chicken curry. It goes well with pathiri, any sort of rice variants (ghee rice, pulao, normal rice), chapati, appam or any other Indian pieces of bread.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food kerala style spicy chicken curry recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!