Seafood and Chicken Paella. This seafood paella recipe is really special. It's not quite a traditional paella recipe, but it's packed with good stuff – chicken thighs, garlic, saffron, king prawns, mussels and lots of lovely lemon. With chicken, chorizo, mussels & prawns.
This week with Crazyguykurt Cooks, we will be looking at the classic Spanish dish – Paella. On any normal day, rice gets to play the best supporting role. Paella was the food of farm workers who cooked dishes of rice over wood fires, embellished with whatever ingredients they could find.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, seafood and chicken paella. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This seafood paella recipe is really special. It's not quite a traditional paella recipe, but it's packed with good stuff – chicken thighs, garlic, saffron, king prawns, mussels and lots of lovely lemon. With chicken, chorizo, mussels & prawns.
Seafood and Chicken Paella is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Seafood and Chicken Paella is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have seafood and chicken paella using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Seafood and Chicken Paella:
- Get 28 grams of butter.
- Take 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces.
- Prepare 200 grams of chorizo cut into thin slices.
- Get 1/4 tsp of saffron strands.
- Make ready 1 large of onion finely chopped.
- Take 6 clove of garlic peeled and finely chopped.
- Get 1 of green pepper diced.
- Get 1 of red pepper diced.
- Make ready 3/4 cup of paella rice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme leaf.
- Get 946 ml of chicken stock.
- Get 1 cup of dry white wine.
- Make ready 4 large of tomatoes de-seeded and diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli flakes or 1 chilli finely chopped.
- Get 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 cup of peas.
- Get 6 large of king prawns.
- Get 350 grams of prawns.
- Make ready 300 grams of squid cut into bite sized pieces.
- Take 1/2 kg of mussels.
I chose shrimp, clams, and mussels for this seafood version of paella, and Spanish dry-cured chorizo for its smoky, meaty flavor. This chicken and seafood paella will sure surprise and impress your significant other or guests. Cook the chicken and sausage: You'll first want to cook the chicken and sausage in a little bit of olive oil until it starts to. This version of seafood paella includes chicken and pork, as well as clams, mussels, and shrimp.
Instructions to make Seafood and Chicken Paella:
- Heat half the olive oil and butter in a large flat bottom pan over medium heat. Get another pan ready for your seafood for later, and a pan with a tight fitting lid for your mussels for later..
- Fry chicken breasts for a couple of minutes to seal the meat and then remove from pan and set aside..
- Fry chorizo until slightly crisp. Get your hot chicken stock ready and add saffron to the stock..
- Add onions and 5 cloves of garlic and fry until soft..
- Add thyme, chilli flakes and rice. Stir until rice is coated with oil. Turn down heat if rice starts to stick to the bottom of the pan..
- Add paprika and 3/4 cup of wine. The rest of the wine you will use for the mussels later..
- When wine starts to bubble add the part cooked chicken and about 1 and 1/2 pints of chicken stock. Add tomatoes, peppers and peas. Turn down heat and cook for about 10 minutes. Don't take your eye of the pan because this rice is like a sponge. If it sticks or feels to thick add a little more stock. If is to thin it will reduce down so don't panic..
- Now is the time to put the cat out. Heat rest of oil and garlic and butter in your other pan. Fry king prawns over a medium heat for about 1 minute each side. Add to paella. Try to keep some oil you have a little more to do..
- Put mussels into remaining pan with the rest of the wine and cook over a moderate to high heat for about 5 minutes. Keep lid on pan as the steam will cook the mussels. Give the pan a shake every minute or so. when mussels are open remove from heat but leave in pan. Discard any mussels that are not open..
- While the mussels are cooking fry prawns for about 1 minute. Add to paella..
- Now add squid to pan for no more than 1 minute and add to paella..
- Add mussels to paella. Mix them in or decoarate the pan with them (see photo)..
- Lemon and parsley to garnish. Let the cat in and enjoy..
It's a bit of mar y montaña—or surf and turf—as they say in Spain. A traditional paella pan, a long wooden spoon or paddle, and a barbecue or gas burner are needed to prepare this seafood paella. Learn how to make Seafood-and-Chicken Paella. Seafood-and-Chicken Paella. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Paella de marisco (seafood paella) replaces meat with seafood and omits beans and green Paella Valenciana.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food seafood and chicken paella recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!