Gumbo. Gumbo (Louisiana Creole: Gombo) is a stew popular in the U. S. state of Louisiana, and is the official state cuisine. Gumbo consists primarily of a strongly-flavored stock, meat or shellfish, a thickener, and the Creole "holy trinity" ― celery, bell peppers, and onions.
You can omit the stew meat if you choose or add something in its place. Chicken and Sausage Gumbo – How to Make Gumbo – #SoulFoodSunday. Gumbo is a true melting pot dish.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, gumbo. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Gumbo is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Gumbo is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
Gumbo (Louisiana Creole: Gombo) is a stew popular in the U. S. state of Louisiana, and is the official state cuisine. Gumbo consists primarily of a strongly-flavored stock, meat or shellfish, a thickener, and the Creole "holy trinity" ― celery, bell peppers, and onions.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook gumbo using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Gumbo:
- Prepare 1 box of Zatarain's gumbo mix with rice.
- Get 6 cups of Water.
- Get 1 cup of Chicken broth.
- Take 2 of Diced potatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Parsley flakes.
- Take 2 bags of small, tail-off peeled shrimp (100-150 in each bag).
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken breast.
- Make ready 1 1/2 of Polish sausage.
- Take 2 cups of crab meat.
- Get 2 cups of frozen okra.
- Take 1 of Bay Leaf.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red crushed peppers.
- Prepare 5 of Hardboiled eggs (Optional).
- Prepare of Seafood seasoning.
Originating in Louisiana it combines the cuisines and ingredients of several cultures including West African, French, German, and Choctaw. It is a top notch comfort stew. See more ideas about gumbo, gumbo recipe, cajun recipes. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. gumbo. dervived from the west african word "gombo" for okra; a stew comprised of the holy trinity in cajun/creole cooking (onions, bell peppers, and tomatoes) cajun spices, okra, bay leaves.
Steps to make Gumbo:
- Add 6 cups of water, 1 cup of chicken broth, eggs, and gumbo mix into a big pot (under low heat).
- After it starts to boil add parsley flakes and bay leaf.
- Make sure to stir frequently to keep your food from sticking.
- Rinse shrimp in cold water for about 5 minutes then sprinkle with seafood seasoning.
- Add potatoes, crab meat, polish sausage, shrimp, chicken breast, and frozen okra then stir.
- Add red crushed peppers.
- Place a lid on the pot. Let it cook for about 30 minutes or until rice is done.
- Enjoy :-).
Make gumbo like the real Cajuns do! Gumbo, which originated in southern Louisiana, can be defined as a soup of meat and/or shellfish and rice. It is always seasoned with garlic, onions, and ground. Перевод контекст "gumbo" c английский на русский от Reverso Context: Abby and I made you gumbo and bread pudding last night. Wayans Bros. ft Peso Gordon ( prod. Перевод слова gumbo, американское и британское произношение, транскрипция gumbo soil — США чернозёмный глинистый грунт; глинистый чернозём gumbo trap — гумболовушка heavy. Infobox Prepared Food name = Gumbo.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food gumbo recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!