Chicken or Turkey Enchilada Casserole. A quick, simple alternative to traditional chicken enchiladas using cooked or leftover chicken, turkey or other poultry that can be served immediately or. Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole with rice is the ultimate Instant Pot chicken recipe. You have tender rice, corn, black beans, shreds of chicken or turkey in every single bite.
A casserole dish full of stuffed enchiladas smothered with a tangy chile sauce is a sure winner, whether served as a family meal or taken along. With more online raves than any other recipe on Sunset.com, this homey, comforting casserole summons up the past in the best possible way. Turkey is nestled in pasta and sauce makes for a warm, comforting These enchiladas are a great way to use leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, chicken or turkey enchilada casserole. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
A quick, simple alternative to traditional chicken enchiladas using cooked or leftover chicken, turkey or other poultry that can be served immediately or. Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole with rice is the ultimate Instant Pot chicken recipe. You have tender rice, corn, black beans, shreds of chicken or turkey in every single bite.
Chicken or Turkey Enchilada Casserole is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Chicken or Turkey Enchilada Casserole is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook chicken or turkey enchilada casserole using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken or Turkey Enchilada Casserole:
- Get of Filling.
- Get 1 package of turkey gravy mix.
- Get 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of onion, chopped and divided.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of diced canned green chilies.
- Take 2 cups of cooked and chopped chicken or turkey.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 8 (8 inch) of flour tortillas.
- Make ready of Sauce.
- Take 1 can of Cream of Chicken soup.
- Get 1 can (19 oz.) of Enchilada sauce.
- Make ready of Topping.
- Get 2 cups of sharp, shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided.
- Take of Add-ons.
- Take of Shredded lettuce.
- Make ready of Chopped tomatoes.
- Take of Sour cream.
- Make ready of Salsa.
Serve with sour cream and This is a wonderful use of leftover turkey or you could even use chicken. You may also want to add. It's cheesy, it's spicy, it's sinfully delicious. I love chicken enchiladas and this casserole is even easier to make than making regular chicken enchiladas because you just layer your ingredients.
Steps to make Chicken or Turkey Enchilada Casserole:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Make gravy mix as directed. Set aside..
- Saute 1/2 cup onions in butter until golden..
- In a large bowl, combine sauteed onions, chicken or turkey, chilies, cumin, chili powder, and enough gravy to moisten (about 1/2 to 2/3 of a cup). Stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheese..
- Top each tortilla with a heaping tablespoon of the turkey mixture. Fold top over filling, then fold in sides and fold top again to form an envelope..
- Whisk together cream of chicken soup and enchilada sauce. Place a couple of tablespoons of sauce in bottom of casserole pan. Place enchiladas in pan seam side down. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese..
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly..
- To serve, place shredded lettuce on plate. Top with enchilada. Sprinkle on some tomato, chopped onion, shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and some salsa as desired. Alternatively, you can plate the enchiladas and let your guests add what they want..
Thanksgiving Turkey and Green Bean Pot Pies. Pour half of the remaining enchilada sauce over bottom of baking dish, spreading to cover completely. This Verde Chicken Enchilada Casserole recipe is layered with your favorite chicken enchilada fillings, and baked up with the most delicious homemade green enchilada sauce. We love a good casserole and this chicken enchilada casserole recipe certainly doesn't disappoint. The tortillas hold all the delicious filling together so Change things up and use ground beef in place of chicken or add extra veggies like bell peppers, mushrooms, multiple kinds of beans, or sweet potatoes!
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food chicken or turkey enchilada casserole recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!