Chicken Nanban (Deep Fry). The sweet sour sauce will bring out a refreshing flavor. We like dipping the piping hot chicken in the sauce and enjoy it. Chicken Nanban was created in a small town in the Miyazaki Prefecture of Kyushu, Japan's southernmost island.
Work in batches and do not crowd the pan. • Chicken Nanban is deep-fried chicken with tartar sauce, a dish from Miyazaki prefecture in Kyusyu, the southern big island of Japan. The chicken is lightly battered and fried, then dipped in sweet and sour sauce just like Nanbanzuke, marinaded fried fish with vegetables. Chicken Nanban is a type of Japanese fried chicken and an easy authentic Japanese recipe.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, chicken nanban (deep fry). One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
The sweet sour sauce will bring out a refreshing flavor. We like dipping the piping hot chicken in the sauce and enjoy it. Chicken Nanban was created in a small town in the Miyazaki Prefecture of Kyushu, Japan's southernmost island.
Chicken Nanban (Deep Fry) is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Chicken Nanban (Deep Fry) is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have chicken nanban (deep fry) using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Nanban (Deep Fry):
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Take 3 Tbsp of rice vinegar.
- Get 3 Tbsp of brown sugar.
- Get 2 of Chicken Thighs.
- Make ready of Salt and Pepper.
- Get 2 Tbsp of Flour.
- Get 1 of egg, beaten.
- Get of Olive Oil for Deep Frying.
- Get of Tartar Sauce.
- Get 1 of boiled egg (chopped).
- Make ready 2 Tbsp of Onion (chopped).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Pickle Relish.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of Japanese Kewpie Mayonnaise.
- Make ready of Salt.
We need to marinate the chicken meat with soy sauce and sake then mix it with an egg and flour so that when it is deep-fried the Karaage is crispy and fluffy. Chicken Nanban is a popular Western style "yoshoku" dish from Japan. Succulent chicken thigh is coated in egg and potato starch, deep fried and then coated in a tangy, sweet "nanban" sauce. Lastly, the dish is topped with a rich and creamy Japanese style tartar sauce.
Instructions to make Chicken Nanban (Deep Fry):
- First step is to pour our enough oil into a frying pan to cover the chicken and heat up to 350 degrees at medium-high heat. Check it to make sure it doesn't go above 350. You want to maintain that cooking temp the entire time..
- Lets make the Tarter sauce because you want to mix it up and keep it in the fridge until your ready to serve it..
- Now you want to make the Nanban sauce so take out a small pan set heat to medium-low and add in the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sugar together. Heat until sugar is dissolved. Now remove from the heat and put in the sauce in a bake dish or bowl and save for later..
- Take out the chicken thighs and try to buy the ones from the Japanese market as they are bigger and taste better then the American grocery shops. Flatten out the thighs, and give them some salt and pepper on both sides. Next take out two pans one with all-purpose flour and the other with the beaten egg. Coat the chicken in the flour then right into the beating egg and add into the frying oil. Cook until golden brown..
- Once cooked all the way through remove the chicken from the oil and transfer directly into your nanban sauce. Coat the chicken on both side and remove them to a cutting board and cut up the thigh into 7-8 strips. Now add them on to your serving plate and take a scoop of the tartar sauce you had in the fridge and put on top of the chicken. Serve with green salad or fresh green. You can also add more nanban sauce if you like it more wet..
- I hope you like this recipe. I have made this many times and it is very good. Arigato from The Food Dude and Cheers..
Chicken Nanban is a local specialty in Miyazaki Prefecture. The nanban sauce goes great with the tartar sauce. The meat is tender and juicy. The deep-fried batter absorbs the nanban sauce, making the dish more delicious. You can pour the remaining nanban sauce over the side vegetables.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food chicken nanban (deep fry) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!