Cape Malay Chicken Curry with Yellow Rice. Spice up chicken thighs in a South African curry, packed with flavourful spices and served with a side of sweet, fragrant rice. This Cape Malay yellow rice is often called a 'sweet yellow rice' due to the inclusion of raisins and sugar. Because there will be a next time.
Carefully selected spices blended with a chutney based sauce elevate this traditional Cape Malay style chicken curry. Cape Malay cooking comes from a community in South Africa with its historic roots in South-east Asia. Cape Malay chicken curry with yellow rice is very famous dish from South Africa.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, cape malay chicken curry with yellow rice. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Spice up chicken thighs in a South African curry, packed with flavourful spices and served with a side of sweet, fragrant rice. This Cape Malay yellow rice is often called a 'sweet yellow rice' due to the inclusion of raisins and sugar. Because there will be a next time.
Cape Malay Chicken Curry with Yellow Rice is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Cape Malay Chicken Curry with Yellow Rice is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have cape malay chicken curry with yellow rice using 28 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Cape Malay Chicken Curry with Yellow Rice:
- Take of FOR THE CURRY:.
- Make ready 2 tablespoons of sunflower or rapeseed oil.
- Make ready 1 of large onion, finely chopped.
- Make ready 4 of large garlic cloves, finely grated.
- Take 2 tablespoons of finely grated ginger.
- Prepare 5 of cloves.
- Get 2 teaspoons of turmeric.
- Take 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- Get 1 teaspoon of coriander.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare of seeds from 8 cardamom pods, lightly crushed.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick, snapped in half.
- Make ready 1 of large red chilli, halved, deseeded and sliced.
- Make ready 400 g (14 1/10 oz) of can diced tomatoes plus 2 cans water.
- Make ready 2 tablespoons of mango chutney.
- Prepare 1 of chicken stock cube, crumbled.
- Prepare 12 of bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed.
- Take 500 g (1 1/10 lb) of potatoes, cut into chunks.
- Get of small bunch coriander (cilantro) chopped.
- Get of FOR THE YELLOW RICE:.
- Get 50 g (1.76 oz) of butter.
- Take 350 g (12 3/10 oz) of basmati rice.
- Prepare 50 g (1.76 oz) of raisins.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of golden caster sugar.
- Get 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- Take 1 of cinammon stick, snapped in half.
- Take 8 of cardamon pods, lightly crushed.
Cape Malay Chicken Curry Spice Mixture. First of all, gather up your spices in the mortar or in a mini processor. Correction: The fennel seeds and coriander seeds are switched on the photo above. How to make Cape Malay Chicken Curry.
Steps to make Cape Malay Chicken Curry with Yellow Rice:
- Heat the oil in a large, wide pan. Add the onion and fry for 5 mins until softened, stirring every now and then. Stir in the garlic, ginger and cloves, and cook for 5 mins more, stirring frequently to stop it sticking. Add all the remaining spices and the fresh chilli, stir briefly, then tip in the tomatoes with 2 cans of water, plus the chutney and crumbled stock cube..
- Add the chicken thighs, pushing them under the liquid, then cover the pan and leave to cook for 35 mins. Stir well, add the potatoes and cook uncovered for 15-20 mins more until they are tender. Stir in the coriander/cilantro..
- About 10 mins before you want to serve, make the rice. Put the butter, rice, raisins, sugar and spices in a large pan with 550ml (2 1/3 cups) water and 1/2 tsp salt. Bring to the boil and, when the butter has melted, stir, cover and cook for 10 mins. Turn off the heat and leave undisturbed for 5 mins. Fluff up and serve with the curry..
Chop onion, garlic, and ginger finely. mango chutney. chicken stock cubes. potatoes. basmati rice. golden caster sugar. Where's the full recipe – why can I only see the ingredients? Our Cape Malay chicken curry recipe—made with boneless, skinless thighs—is lighter, brighter and faster than other curries and one of our all-time Like Faldela Tolker, we built the flavor base of our Cape Malay curry on lightly browned onions. We also used whole fennel seed and cumin seed. This one pot Cape Malay Chicken Curry will tickle your tastebuds with a unique mix of spices.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food cape malay chicken curry with yellow rice recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!