Jollof rice. Jollof (/dʒəˈlɒf/), or jollof rice, is a rice dish from West Africa. The dish is typically made with long-grain rice, tomatoes, onions, spices, vegetables and meat in a single pot, although its ingredients and preparation methods vary across different regions. Oyinbo Cooking: Jollof Rice – African Risotto – Nigerian Food!
The chef Tunde Wey is based in New Orleans, but he was born in Nigeria, where jollof rice is a well-loved dish. Jollof rice is a very common dish prepared in many African countries and each recipe differs I specifically prepare the Nigerian party jollof rice which I still feel is one of the best recipes out there. Рис Джоллоф (Jollof rice) — одно из самых распространенных блюд в Западной Африке, которое употребляют во всех регионах Мали, Нигерии, Сенегала, Ганы, Сьерра-Леоне, Гамбии, Того. Jollof rice is a spicy African rice dish that cooks in one pan, uses lots of veg and can be a veggie main or a side to some simply baked chicken.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, jollof rice. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Jollof (/dʒəˈlɒf/), or jollof rice, is a rice dish from West Africa. The dish is typically made with long-grain rice, tomatoes, onions, spices, vegetables and meat in a single pot, although its ingredients and preparation methods vary across different regions. Oyinbo Cooking: Jollof Rice – African Risotto – Nigerian Food!
Jollof rice is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Jollof rice is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook jollof rice using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Jollof rice:
- Take 4 of tomatoes diced.
- Prepare 1 of small can of tomato paste.
- Make ready 1 of Onion diced.
- Get 1 of small Ginger root shredded.
- Get 1 clove of garlic minced.
- Get 4 of chicken thighs.
- Make ready 4 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 cup of long grain rice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of curry.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- Make ready 1 of tsb of chili power.
- Take 1 of tsb of cumin.
- Make ready 2 of bay leaves.
- Make ready 1 of tsb ground corridor seed.
- Make ready 1 of tsb of ground rosemary.
- Prepare of Optional: Pinch of red curry.
- Prepare of Optional: Pinch of cinnamon.
- Take of Optional: Pinch of cloves.
- Take of Optional: Green onions for garnish.
Jollof rice is a much-loved festive dish that is often served at weddings, parties, and other large Jollof comes from the Senegambia region of West Africa, particularly Senegal. See more ideas about jollof rice, jollof, african food. See recipes for My simple jollof rice wit potatoes an mince meat too. Jollof rice is a smoky, spicy tomato and pepper-based rice dish that's a staple throughout West Africa.
Steps to make Jollof rice:
- Season chicken thighs with a pinch of cumin, salt, and paprika.
- Fry the chicken in a pan until golden brown. Remove and set aside..
- Meanwhile you can throw garlic. Ginger, and onions in a pot to saute until brown..
- Add tomato paste towards the end of the saute to get the floors to meet and brown together..
- Add 1 cup of water, all the spices, diced tomatoes to the pot. Make sure to scrap the fond at the bottom and stir. Cover, bring to a simmer for about 10mins and allow it to reduce down. Add water as need to not burn the bottom of the stew..
- Taste stew for seasoning. Once tasting good, add rice and chicken stock. Cover with lid and bring heat to low to allow rice to cook and absorb water. Check every once and while until most of the excess water is gone and rice is tender. Add shredded fried chicken, peas, carrots, and peppers to the rice when almost done. Remove from heat and allow to cool..
- Optionally: Serve with some sliced green onions as garnish..
Jollof Rice Is My All-Time Favorite Food. Jollof rice probably originated from rice dishes eaten by the Wolof people of Senegal and Gambia, but its popularity has spread to most of West Africa, especially Nigeria and Ghana. Hey I made this West African dish tonight and all I can do now is obsess about making Apologies for the lack of pictures. Chop the fuck out of the following: one onion, one red. Jollof rice packs a powerful punch in the taste stakes, but its origins are a point of contention with many African nations claiming it as their own.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food jollof rice recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!