Thanksgiving Pot Pie. Transfer to the lined baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate while preparing the pie filling. Sorry for such a long break but I have an awesome recipe for a vegan chick'n pot pie for you guys today!! It is amazing and I know.
What started as a simple idea for an all inclusive Thanksgiving pot pie became a desperate attempt to clean out some old ingredients to make room in the cabinets for more food. This turkey day, give thanks for that Instant Pot or Crockpot! Recipe: Turkey Pot Pie With Cranberry-Pecan Crusts.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, thanksgiving pot pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Transfer to the lined baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate while preparing the pie filling. Sorry for such a long break but I have an awesome recipe for a vegan chick'n pot pie for you guys today!! It is amazing and I know.
Thanksgiving Pot Pie is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Thanksgiving Pot Pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook thanksgiving pot pie using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Thanksgiving Pot Pie:
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Dried cranberries.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of Sherry.
- Prepare 4 of Leeks (about 1 pound) 3 inches of green left on, roots trimmed.
- Make ready 4 of Carrots halved lengthwise & cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Canola oil.
- Get 8 oz of White mushrooms (stems trimmed) quartered.
- Prepare 4 cup of Cooked skinless turkey shredded into 1×1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Take 2 tsp of Dried tarragon.
- Get 1/2 cup of Chopped flat-leaf parsley.
- Get 1 of Finely grated zest of 1 orange.
- Take 2 cup of Chicken broth.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of Unsalted butter.
- Take 3 tbsp of All-purpose flour.
- Make ready 1 of Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Take 8 oz of 1 Sheet puff pastry.
- Take 1 of Egg slightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water.
Find a more festive Thanksgiving casserole, we pose. Using Thanksgiving turkey and adorably-cut cranberry-pecan crust, this pot pie takes an. If you have Thanksgiving leftovers, this is the recipe for you—all of thanksgiving dinner in a delicious pot pie! Chef Christine Tizzard shares one of her family's favourites—Thanksgiving pot pie!
Steps to make Thanksgiving Pot Pie:
- Place cranberries in a small bowl; cover with sherry to plump. Set aside..
- Cut leeks in half lengthwise. Run under cold water to clean completely. Slice into 1/2 inch pieces. Set aside..
- Bring pot of water to boil; add carrots; cook until just tender; about 2 minutes. Add leeks; cook 1 1/2 minutes more. Drain vegetables and place in a large bowl..
- Place oil in a heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, shaking the pot, for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms to the vegetables..
- Add shredded turkey to vegetables..
- Drain the cranberries, reserving the sherry; add cranberries to the turkey and vegetables, along with the tarragon, parsley, and orange zest..
- In heavy pot used to cook the mushrooms, bring reserved sherry and broth to a simmer over medium heat..
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until it browns lightly, about 2-3 minutes. Slowly whisk in hot broth and sherry mixture; continue whisking over medium-high heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Fold the sauce into the turkey and vegetables. Adjust seasonings. Remove to a 2-quart round ovenproof casserole. Preheat oven to 350°F..
- On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into circle about 2 inches larger than top of the casserole, trimming excess dough. Brush rim of casserole with the egg wash and lay pastry over top. Crimp edges on the inside and outside around the rim to form a tight seal. Cut 3 slits in the center of the pastry and brush it with remaining egg wash..
- Place casserole on a baking sheet and bake for 40 to 45 minutes our until the crust is golden. Serve piping hot..
This Thanksgiving pot pie recipe is perfect for using up holiday leftovers! This potpie — which includes turkey, gravy, green beans, and more — is a great Post-Thanksgiving Pot Pie. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Turkey pot pie is one of those magical makeovers: If you made turkey, gravy, pie and anything with Who knows: They may even request turkey pot pie again when it's nowhere close to Thanksgiving. One-Pot Spicy Chicken Sausage Dressing: Headed to a Thanksgiving meal where everyone's on a. Homemade pot pie with butter crust, a comforting casserole stuffed with turkey, vegetables, and flavor.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food thanksgiving pot pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!