slow cooker chicken and poblano posole. Posole is a traditional Mexican stew made with hominy, a type of dried corn or maize. Usually served with the chicken on the bone, you can also remove skin and bones and return the meat to the stew before serving. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Before serving remove chicken from crockpot with tongs or a slotted spoon. Allow to cool for a few minutes. Place all ingredients except hominy and garnishes into the slow cooker.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, slow cooker chicken and poblano posole. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
slow cooker chicken and poblano posole is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. slow cooker chicken and poblano posole is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Posole is a traditional Mexican stew made with hominy, a type of dried corn or maize. Usually served with the chicken on the bone, you can also remove skin and bones and return the meat to the stew before serving. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook slow cooker chicken and poblano posole using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make slow cooker chicken and poblano posole:
- Make ready 1 of chicken.
- Make ready 1 of chopped onion.
- Take 6 clove of chopped garlic.
- Take 2 of serrano chiles halved.
- Prepare 2 of coarsely chopped poblano chiles.
- Get 2 of serrano chiles halved lengthwise.
- Take 1 of 15oz can hominy, drained.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Get 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chipotle powder, or to taste.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Take 3 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 of avocados sliced as garnish.
- Make ready 1 of sour cream, lime wedges, cotija cheese, shredded red cabbage as garnish.
Take chicken out of slow cooker. Think of posole as chili's brothier, lighter cousin, a Mexican version of chicken soup. Posole is also another name for the hominy, or rehydrated dried corn, that goes in the dish. Cook up a giant batch of posole in your slow cooker, and after an all-day simmer you're in for a dinner packed with warm spices, rich flavors, and meaty shredded chicken.
Steps to make slow cooker chicken and poblano posole:
- place chicken in slow cooker skinned. layer garlic, onion, poblanos, and spices on top. pour tomatoes and broth over all. add Serrano peppers, cover and cook on low 6-7 hours. high for 4-5 hours.
- add hominy, cover & continue cooking for 1 more hour, until flavors infuse and chicken is falling off the bone. remove and discard Serrano peppers (or mince and return to pot for extra spice). season with salt and pepper..
- to serve, divide chicken pieces among shallow bowls, pour hominy and peppers over. shower with cilantro, top with avocado and serve hot with remaining garnishes alongside.
A squeeze of lime juice, crunchy radishes, fresh cilantro, and crumbled tortilla chips are the final. To a Dutch oven, add oil over medium high heat. Add broth, hominy, and chicken to pan. Pour the salsa verde and water on top. Using tongs, transfer chicken to a medium bowl.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food slow cooker chicken and poblano posole recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!