Chinese BBQ Pork 'Tacos'. Brush each oval with oil, then fold in half crosswise, place on a parchment square, and brush with oil. Place on a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining dough pieces. Cut pork roast in half lengthwise.
Chinese BBQ Pork 'Tacos' step by step. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cake flour, yeast, sugar, and salt; add the water and oil. Place pork in a pot, ketchup, barbecue sauce, garlic powder and water, simmer for an hour and a half, until the meat is very soft.
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, chinese bbq pork 'tacos'. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chinese BBQ Pork 'Tacos' is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Chinese BBQ Pork 'Tacos' is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Brush each oval with oil, then fold in half crosswise, place on a parchment square, and brush with oil. Place on a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining dough pieces. Cut pork roast in half lengthwise.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook chinese bbq pork 'tacos' using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chinese BBQ Pork 'Tacos':
- Get 1 cup of all-purpose flour unbleached.
- Get 1/2 cup of cake flour.
- Make ready 1 1/2 teaspoons of active dry yeast.
- Get 1 1/2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt fine.
- Get 1/2 cup of water warm , around degrees F 105.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil , plus more for brushing dough.
- Get 1 pound of roasted chicken sliced.
- Prepare to taste of hoisin sauce.
- Prepare to taste of Sriracha sauce.
- Prepare 1 of cucumber medium , thinly sliced crosswise.
- Make ready 5 – 6 of scallions , julienned or thinly sliced on a long diagonal.
- Make ready 1 of mango barely ripe , shredded.
- Get 1 of Cucumber English (or Kirby) , shredded.
- Get 1 of serrano pepper , thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of Napa cabbage , thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cilantro leaves.
- Get 1/4 cup of mint leaves.
- Get 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Take 1 of lime Juice of.
- Get pinches of salt.
- Get 3 of green onions , thinly sliced.
- Take 2 of pork shoulders , bone in.
- Get to taste of Soy.
- Prepare to taste of Honey.
- Make ready to taste of Garlic powder.
- Take to taste of Ginger powder.
You can use a slow cooker. Place all ingredients in a bowl stir well. This is a great dish if you are looking for a tasty Chinese style BBQ! My go-to recipe for Chinese BBQ!
Instructions to make Chinese BBQ Pork 'Tacos':
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cake flour, yeast, sugar, and salt; add the water and oil. Using your hands, mix and then knead in the bowl until dough forms (add up to 1/4 cup more water by the tablespoonful, if necessary)..
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Put the dough into an oiled bowl, turning the dough to coat it with oil, then cover with a clean dishtowel and let rise at a draft-free warm room temperature, until doubled in size, 45 minutes to 1 hour..
- Meanwhile, cut out a dozen 3-inch squares of parchment paper. Punch down the dough and form it into a 3/4-inch-thick rope. Cut into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball. Place balls on a baking sheet, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and let rise at warm room temperature for 30 minutes..
- Pat each ball into a long oval, about 1/8 inch thick. Brush each oval with oil, then fold in half crosswise, place on a parchment square, and brush with oil. Place on a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining dough pieces. Loosely cover the buns with plastic wrap and let rise at a warm room temperature until nearly doubled in size, about 30 minutes..
- Bring a few inches of water to a simmer in a pot so that the bottom of a steamer insert sits above the water. Arrange the buns, in batches if necessary, about 1/2 inch apart, on the insert and steam over medium heat, covered, until the dough is slightly puffed and cooked through, about 10 minutes..
- Make the slaw by combining the mango, cucumber, green onions, serrano pepper, cilantro, mint, olive oil, lime juice and salt in bowl. Set aside..
- For the pork, Marinate the steaks in soy, honey, garlic powder, onion powder, and ginger powder. Grill on high heat for 5 minutes per side on the BBQ. Rest for 20 minutes then slice thinly. .
- Assemble the tacos and enjoy!!.
Thanks for another hit, Chef John. Remove from the pan and immediately pull wrappers apart gently, forming taco shells; set aside. Fill each tortilla with a slice or two of pork belly and top with pickled slaw. Making Chinese BBQ pork at home is a pretty simple and easy process. Just gotta marinate and roast some porks shoulder and you've got it!
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food chinese bbq pork 'tacos' recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!