Restaurant-Style Mexican Rice. This Mexican Rice is slightly on the dry side, which is just how Mexican restaurants serve their sides of rice. It isn't wet, clumpy, or sticky like some homemade Mexican rice recipes can be, and it's definitely more authentic than anything you can buy in a box at the grocery store! Place rice in strainer and rinse under running water until it runs clear.
Drop a few rice grains in the oil. With Cinco de Mayo around the corner, I thought it was time for the best Mexican Rice recipe!. Oh Mexican Rice, how do I love thee?!
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, restaurant-style mexican rice. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This Mexican Rice is slightly on the dry side, which is just how Mexican restaurants serve their sides of rice. It isn't wet, clumpy, or sticky like some homemade Mexican rice recipes can be, and it's definitely more authentic than anything you can buy in a box at the grocery store! Place rice in strainer and rinse under running water until it runs clear.
Restaurant-Style Mexican Rice is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Restaurant-Style Mexican Rice is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook restaurant-style mexican rice using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Restaurant-Style Mexican Rice:
- Prepare 1 (28 ounce) of can whole peeled tomatoes.
- Get 1 of medium onion, peeled and roughly chopped.
- Make ready 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Get 1 of 1/ 2 teaspoons kosher salt.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Take 1/3 cup of neutral cooking oil, such as canola or safflower (or rendered lard).
- Take 2 cups of long-grain white rice.
- Take 1-2 of chile peppers, such as jalapeño or serrano, seeded and minced.
- Get 4-5 of garlic cloves, pressed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely chopped cilantro.
- Prepare of Juice from 2 limes, plus additional wedges for serving.
Just like Pico de Gallo , Homemade Salsa, Salsa Verde and Guacamole are Mexican staples served with every meal, Mexican Rice can be found – or should be found – in a bed alongside all your Burritos, Carnitas, Fajitas, Enchiladas and. If you love a rich and flavorful rice side dish to round out Taco Tuesday this tomatoey Mexican rice is it! Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, until just golden.
Steps to make Restaurant-Style Mexican Rice:
- Place the tomatoes and onion in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer 2 cups of the tomato mixture to a medium saucepan. Stir in the chicken stock, salt, and cumin and bring liquid to a boil over medium heat. (Reserve excess for another use, like Tomato Sauce.).
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a heavy Dutch oven over medium to medium-high heat. When the oil is sizzling, add the rice and sauté, stirring frequently until lightly toasted and golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the jalapeños and cook until they have softened, about 2 minutes, lowering the heat if necessary. Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds..
- Pour the boiling tomato mixture over the rice and stir to combine. Turn heat to low and cook, covered, until liquid has evaporated and rice is done, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and gently stir the rice. Re-cover the pot and allow to rest undisturbed for an additional 10 minutes. Add cilantro and lime juice; fluff gently with a fork. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired. Serve with additional lime wedges..
Add garlic, cumin, chili powder, pepper and cayenne and cook a few minutes more. Stir in onions and cook until onions are tender. Stir in tomato sauce and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Once the cooking liquid is brought to a boil, stir in the White Rice, cover, and remove from. Add in the rice and cook until golden brown.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food restaurant-style mexican rice recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!