Sukka Chicken. Learn how to make Maharashtrian style Chicken Sukka at home from our chef Archana on Ruchkar Mejwani. Chicken Sukka recipe is a dry preparation of chicken. Mangalorean Chicken Sukka or Kori Sukka/Kori Ajadina(Tulu) is an Indian Dish of Chicken native to Mangalore and Udupi region.
Chicken Sukha – A dry chicken dish that is made with few ingredients but tastes amazing. It can be made on any busy day and can be served with rice or roti varieties. Mangalorean Chicken Sukka or Kori Sukka is a dry Konkani chicken dish made using fresh chicken, masalas, grated fresh coconut, and it is generously tempered using ghee as well as onions.
Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, sukka chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Learn how to make Maharashtrian style Chicken Sukka at home from our chef Archana on Ruchkar Mejwani. Chicken Sukka recipe is a dry preparation of chicken. Mangalorean Chicken Sukka or Kori Sukka/Kori Ajadina(Tulu) is an Indian Dish of Chicken native to Mangalore and Udupi region.
Sukka Chicken is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Sukka Chicken is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook sukka chicken using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Sukka Chicken:
- Make ready 1 kg of chicken.
- Get 2 cups of grated coconut.
- Take 1 tablespoon of garam masala.
- Take 2 tablespoon of Malvani masala/chicken masala.
- Get 2 teaspoons of red chilli powder.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of asafoetida/hing.
- Make ready Handful of coriander leaves.
- Make ready 1 of tomato finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of onions roughly chopped.
- Make ready 1 inch of ginger.
- Take 2/3 of garlic cloves.
- Make ready 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of yogurt.
- Get of Oil as required.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- Make ready of Chicken marination.
- Make ready 2 tablespoon of yogurt.
- Take 1 teaspoon of salt.
Chicken sukka (sukha) from India is a dry dish with very little gravy. It is highly fragrant, featuring several spices and coconut cream. Kori Sukka (Chicken Sukka) or Dry Chicken Curry in Mangalore style is one such specialty. Fragrant and just moist enough, this dish brings together all the great flavours of the Konkan coast.
Steps to make Sukka Chicken:
- Dry roast coconut keep aside. Heat 1 teaspoon oil add onions, ginger and garlic. Fry until light brown add garam masala fry and add little coriander fry for less than a minute. Off the stove and let it cool down.
- Marinate chicken with yogurt and salt. Keep aside.
- Add the roasted coconut and onion mix to the blender and grind well a bit of a water if required.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoon oil add asafoetida/hing, bay leaves, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Add the coconut onion mix and let it cook. Then add salt as required with red chilli powder, turmeric and malvani masala. Cool well..
- Finally add the marinated chicken, tomato, mix well. Add little water and let it cook. If cooking in pressure cooker 1 whistle should be enough. Serve with chapati or as a starter..
Chicken Sukka recipe is one of those recipes that you will make when you are confused with what to Alright, back to the talk about food. A simple yet tasty chicken recipe. If you want to make a really special chicken curry then this is the recipe for you, top it off with some homemade spiced flatbreads for a real treat. Chicken Sukka is by far one of the most popular and much loved dishes from the coastal belt of Sukka means 'dry' in the local languages and chicken sukka is perhaps the most common of them. Chicken Sukka is one of the iconic dishes from the Mangalorean cuisine.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food sukka chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!