Sukka Chicken. Learn how to make Maharashtrian style Chicken Sukka at home from our chef Archana on Ruchkar Mejwani. Chicken Sukka recipe is a dry preparation of chicken. Maharashtrian Chicken Sukka recipe with step by step photos and a video recipe.
Mangalorean Chicken Sukka or Kori Sukka/Kori Ajadina(Tulu) is an Indian Dish of Chicken native to Mangalore and Udupi region. The word "Sukka" comes from Hindi "Sukha" which means "Dry", sometimes also called as "Kori Ajadina". Chicken Sukka Recipe, Learn how to make Chicken Sukka (absolutely delicious This Chicken Sukka recipe is Excellent and find more Great recipes, tried & tested recipes from NDTV Food.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, sukka chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sukka Chicken is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Sukka Chicken is something which I have loved my whole life.
Learn how to make Maharashtrian style Chicken Sukka at home from our chef Archana on Ruchkar Mejwani. Chicken Sukka recipe is a dry preparation of chicken. Maharashtrian Chicken Sukka recipe with step by step photos and a video recipe.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have sukka chicken using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sukka Chicken:
- Make ready 1 kg of chicken.
- Get 2 cups of grated coconut.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garam masala.
- Get 2 tablespoon of Malvani masala/chicken masala.
- Make ready 2 teaspoons of red chilli powder.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of asafoetida/hing.
- Get Handful of coriander leaves.
- Make ready 1 of tomato finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of onions roughly chopped.
- Get 1 inch of ginger.
- Prepare 2/3 of garlic cloves.
- Get 2 of bay leaves.
- Take 2 tablespoons of yogurt.
- Get of Oil as required.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare of Chicken marination.
- Take 2 tablespoon of yogurt.
- Get 1 teaspoon of salt.
Mangalorean Chicken Sukka or Kori Sukka is a dry Konkani chicken dish made using fresh chicken, masalas, grated fresh coconut, and it is generously tempered using ghee as well as onions. Chicken Sukha – A dry chicken dish that is made with few ingredients but tastes amazing. It can be made on any busy day and can be served with rice or roti varieties. Chicken sukka (sukha) from India is a dry dish with very little gravy.
Steps to make Sukka Chicken:
- Dry roast coconut keep aside. Heat 1 teaspoon oil add onions, ginger and garlic. Fry until light brown add garam masala fry and add little coriander fry for less than a minute. Off the stove and let it cool down.
- Marinate chicken with yogurt and salt. Keep aside.
- Add the roasted coconut and onion mix to the blender and grind well a bit of a water if required.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoon oil add asafoetida/hing, bay leaves, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Add the coconut onion mix and let it cook. Then add salt as required with red chilli powder, turmeric and malvani masala. Cool well..
- Finally add the marinated chicken, tomato, mix well. Add little water and let it cook. If cooking in pressure cooker 1 whistle should be enough. Serve with chapati or as a starter..
It is highly fragrant, featuring several spices and coconut cream. Chicken Sukka is one of the most famous Konkani chicken dishes, usually made using fresh chicken and grated fresh coconuts and onions. Kori Sukka (Chicken Sukka) or Dry Chicken Curry in Mangalore style is one such specialty. Fragrant and just moist enough, this dish brings together all the great flavours of the Konkan coast. Chicken Sukka is one of the iconic dishes from the Mangalorean cuisine.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food sukka chicken recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!