Mughlai paratha/ Moghlai porota (Chicken minced stuffed). The moghlai porota (or mughlai paratha) is a flaky, flour pastry filled with a mixture of beaten eggs, keema, spices, and seasoning. It differs from other stuffed porotas in that the filling cooks inside the porota and that it is layered. the recipe for mughlai paratha is very unique and filling compared to the other vegetables stuffed paratha. moreover the traditional moglai porota is prepared with minced meat preferably chicken or mutton meat coated with egg yolk. however i have prepared it with. Mughlai paratha (Bengali: মোঘলাই পরোটা) is a popular Bengali street food which is believed to have originated in Bengal Subah during the time of Mughal Empire.
Mughlai paratha is an exemplary illustration of Mughal influence on the cuisine of Bengal that had sneaked through the kitchens of In its original version, the paratha is usually stuffed with keema (minced meat) and then fortified with egg, the meat filled packets are. Mughlai paratha is a unique paratha recipe. A speciality from Bengali cuisine this is a classic dish that is made with a variety of stuffings.
Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, mughlai paratha/ moghlai porota (chicken minced stuffed). One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
The moghlai porota (or mughlai paratha) is a flaky, flour pastry filled with a mixture of beaten eggs, keema, spices, and seasoning. It differs from other stuffed porotas in that the filling cooks inside the porota and that it is layered. the recipe for mughlai paratha is very unique and filling compared to the other vegetables stuffed paratha. moreover the traditional moglai porota is prepared with minced meat preferably chicken or mutton meat coated with egg yolk. however i have prepared it with. Mughlai paratha (Bengali: মোঘলাই পরোটা) is a popular Bengali street food which is believed to have originated in Bengal Subah during the time of Mughal Empire.
Mughlai paratha/ Moghlai porota (Chicken minced stuffed) is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Mughlai paratha/ Moghlai porota (Chicken minced stuffed) is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook mughlai paratha/ moghlai porota (chicken minced stuffed) using 29 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mughlai paratha/ Moghlai porota (Chicken minced stuffed):
- Take of For Paratha dough.
- Get of All purpose flour / maida -3cups.
- Prepare of Refined oil : 3 tbsp + more for greasing.
- Take of Salt -1tsp.
- Get of Warm water-1cup.
- Make ready pinch of Baking powder :1.
- Make ready of kalanji/kalojeera(optional)-1tsp.
- Make ready of For Chicken /Mottun minced filling.
- Take 250 gm of Minced meat :.
- Make ready of Onion cut into slices- 1 large.
- Make ready of Green chillies : 2-3 chopped.
- Get of Ginger-garlic paste :1tbsp.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder :.
- Prepare of Cumin powder :1tbsp.
- Make ready of Salt-to taste.
- Take of sugar-1/2tsp.
- Make ready of Oil for frying.
- Take of Red chilli powder-1tsp.
- Get of Bengali garam masala /clove-cinnamon-cardamom powder-½tsp.
- Make ready of Cilantro/ Coriander leaves (chopped)- 4 tbsp.
- Make ready of Other stuffing.
- Make ready of Eggs beaten well with pinch of salt -4 -5.
- Take of Vegetable oil for shallow frying the paratha.
- Take of Breadcrumb-1/2cup.
- Make ready of Onions : 1cup finely chopped.
- Make ready of Green chillies : 2-3 tbsp finely chopped.
- Make ready of Coriander leaves (chopped)-3 tbsp.
- Make ready of Lemon juice-2tsp.
- Take of Salt-to taste.
This recipe of Mughlai paratha is different from other stuffed parathas. Traditional Mughlai paratha is deep-fried but I make it on a pan or griddle by applying less. Our Bengali version is called moghlai porota, otherwise known as mughlai paratha in the rest of the subcontinent. It consists of a crispy fried porota in a rectangular parcel, coated with eggs, stuffed with herbs and minced meat curry, then deep fried in a wok of oil.
Instructions to make Mughlai paratha/ Moghlai porota (Chicken minced stuffed):
- To prepare the paratha dough At first take a bowl and Sift the flour, add kalanji/kalojeera(optional),sprinkle the salt, baking powder if you are using and make a well in the center and add the oil..
- Then we using your fingers, rub the oil with the flour very well till it resembles fine bread crumbs Than this will ensure the flakiness of the paratha. Knead the dough using warm water, adding it slowly and knead it into very soft and soft dough. The dough should be soft, stretchy and should be able to roll out thin.
- Once you attained that stage, grease the dough with the oil, cover it with damp kitchen towel /dam masline cloth and leave it to rest for 1 to2 hours. For Chicken /Mottun minced fillin At first wash the minced meat (keema) in a colander, keeping a bowl underneath Then heat 2tsp vegetable oil in a pan and fry the onion slices. keeping the heat to the maximum, add the minced meat (keema) and fry on a high heat. It will start releasing lots of water..
- Then add the ginger and garlic paste, all the spices, green chillies, salt and keep frying it on high heat. Then add the water dries up, check for the seasonings, lower the heat, cover it and cook till done. Add few spoon of water if requires to keep the meat moist. Add the chopped corinder leaves and mix it well. Make the Mughlai paratha Then knead the prepared dough lightly for couple of minutes. Divide it into equal golf ball size sections. Then grease the rolling pin and the board..
- Then take the ball, roll out thinly into a square. Roll out as thin as possible but not paper thin, else it will not hold the stuffing well Then use the pictures given in the post as guide. Then spread a teaspoon of egg evenly on to the paratha, leaving the edges. Then place the minced meat filling in the center. Top it with 1 tsp finely chopped onions, 2-3 pieces of finely chopped green chillies,bread crumb,lemon juice,1 pinch salt and 1 bitten of egg mixture on the minced meat..
- Then fold the paratha as per the pictures, making it well enclosed packets..
- Heat the oil in the frying pan. Place one paratha in hot oil, folded side down first..
- Once it starts browning, flip it over and fry the other side..
- Then flip it once more, this time slightly press the edges of the paratha for even cooking and fry till golden brown. Flip it and fry the other side till golden brown..
- Then repeat the steps till the dough last to serve. Then take out and soak the excess oil on absorbing kitchen paper..
- Now Mughlai paratha is ready!!! This is famous street food in kolkata. sprinkle with a pinch of black salt on top and serve hot with tea or with tomato ketchup or kasundi (bengali mustard sauce) and with sliced raw onions and cucumbers or salad and dry spicy potato curry/chicken of your choice.any season…..
This is a simple and basic way of making mughlai paratha. The filling for this paratha is pretty much endless,you could fill it with chicken,minced meat,vegetables and many more. I have showed two ways of stuffing this paratha. You can try any one of that. Mughlai Keema Paratha is a very famous street food which has another name Keema Baida Roti.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food mughlai paratha/ moghlai porota (chicken minced stuffed) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!