Chicken, leek and mushroom pie. John Torode's warming chicken, mushroom & leek pie is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Enjoy the succulent chicken and crisp puff pastry with a dollop of tomato ketchup. This Chicken, Leek and Mushroom Pie is an absolute British Classic!
Fry up your chicken until browned, remove from the pan, then add your leeks, garlic and mushrooms. That creamy chicken, leek and mushroom filling planted underneath a crispy golden layer of pastry. This easy-peasy short-cut pie combines cooked chicken, leeks, mushrooms and soup for an ultimate creamy filling
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, chicken, leek and mushroom pie. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken, leek and mushroom pie is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Chicken, leek and mushroom pie is something that I have loved my entire life.
John Torode's warming chicken, mushroom & leek pie is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Enjoy the succulent chicken and crisp puff pastry with a dollop of tomato ketchup. This Chicken, Leek and Mushroom Pie is an absolute British Classic!
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken, leek and mushroom pie using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken, leek and mushroom pie:
- Get 1 of onion finely chopped.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic crushed.
- Get 2 of large chicken breasts cut into chunks.
- Take 1 of leek sliced.
- Take 250 g of mushrooms quartered.
- Take 1 tbsp of fresh thyme.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of creme fraiche.
- Take 2 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- Get 170 ml of stock (veg or chicken).
- Prepare 1 tsp of cornflour.
- Take 1 tbsp of flat leaf parsley chopped.
- Get 1 of roll puff pastry.
- Take 1 of egg beaten.
- Make ready of Salt and pepper.
Find new ideas and inspiration with Sainsbury's Recipes. Stir in the mushrooms, rosemary, roast chicken and the soup. Remove the cooked chicken and strain the stock. While this chicken pie recipe has its own homemade pastry crust—if you're in a hurry—you can use ready-made pastry.
Instructions to make Chicken, leek and mushroom pie:
- Heat a tbsp oli over a medium heat in a heavy based pot and fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Then add the leek and fry for another 3-4 minutes until starting to soften..
- Add the chunks of chicken and toss for one minute, then add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the bay leaves, thyme, Dijon mustard and creme fraiche and stir. Then add the stock and the cornflour dissolved in a tiny bit of water. (I had a bit of leftover broccoli which I threw in too so as not to waste it). Cool everything in the liquid for 2 minutes until the sauce thickens a little. Then transfer into a pie dish..
- Leave the mixture to cool for 10-15 minutes and preheat the over to 180 degrees centigrade..
- Top the pie dish and filling with the pastry. Decorate or not. Prick a few holes in the pastry to let the steam Escape and brush the top with the beaten egg (this is what makes it golden).
- After 30 minutes in the oven (or when the pastry is beautifully golden), remove, serve and enjoy..
Using meat from the legs and Get ready to savor that first bite of creamy gravy, with the blend of chicken, mushrooms, leeks, and the flaky, buttery crust; and know that once it's all. This healthy take on a traditional chicken pie is packed with extra veggies thanks to its cauliflower mash topping. Delicious homemade chicken, leek and mushroom pies. Individual pies that the family will love. This filling is also suitable for those using Kmart You can also freeze the chicken, leek and mushroom filling in individual portions.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chicken, leek and mushroom pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!