Steak and Kidney Pie. Steak and kidney pie is a savoury pie that is filled principally with a mixture of diced beef, diced kidney (often of beef, lamb, or pork), fried onion, and brown gravy. Steak and kidney pie is a representative dish of British cuisine. How to make Steak and Kidney pie, easy step by step simple instructions from start to finish.
This recipe produces a golden pastry with a hearty, meaty filling, perfect for colder months. In this recipe, a flaky and buttery crust covers a decadent savory filling of beef chuck and beef kidneys flavored by vegetables and beef stock. Add salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce and allow to cool completely.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, steak and kidney pie. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Steak and Kidney Pie is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Steak and Kidney Pie is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Steak and kidney pie is a savoury pie that is filled principally with a mixture of diced beef, diced kidney (often of beef, lamb, or pork), fried onion, and brown gravy. Steak and kidney pie is a representative dish of British cuisine. How to make Steak and Kidney pie, easy step by step simple instructions from start to finish.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have steak and kidney pie using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Steak and Kidney Pie:
- Prepare 300 gms of puff pastry.
- Get 1 of egg, beaten.
- Take 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 1 kg of sirloin steak, cubed.
- Get 300 gms of lamb kidneys, cubed.
- Get 80 ml of all-purpose flour.
- Take 1 tbsp of butter.
- Make ready 2 of large onions, diced.
- Make ready 850 ml of chicken stock.
- Get 2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Make ready 3 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 1 tsp of allspice.
- Take 1 of large green bell pepper, diced.
- Take 250 ml of full cream milk.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Make ready 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
Place the cooked meat mixture into a pie dish. A good steak & kidney pie. This is Gary Rhodes recipe for a great steak and kidney pie, which also allows you the bonus of making the filling the day before you need it. Taste for seasoning, adding a dash or two of Worcestershire Sauce to the mixture.
Steps to make Steak and Kidney Pie:
- Mix the flour with the cubed steak and kidneys. Keep them separate..
- In a heated frying pan, brown the beef all over, using some olive oil. (You may need to do this in batches.) Set aside, then brown the kidneys on both sides in the same pan and set aside..
- In the same pan, using the remainder of the olive oil and the butter fry the onions for 4 minutes or until translucent..
- Put the steak and kidneys back in the pan. Add the stock, salt, pepper, and allspice to the pan, stir well and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for 30 minutes without a lid, stir every 5-7 minutes..
- Add the milk, green pepper, and garlic and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for a further 1¼ hours without a lid, stir every 5-7 minutes. Make sure the steak is very tender..
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
- Remove from the heat. Allow cooling completely. Place the cooked meat mixture into a pie dish..
- Roll out the pastry to 5mm thick and cover the pie mixture with the pastry. Trim and crimp the edges with your fingers and thumb. Use the leftover pastry for decorative patterns on the pie..
- Brush the surface with the beaten egg mixture. Bake for 35 minutes until golden brown and puffed. Rest for 15 minutes..
- Mostly served with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables..
Play Sound. "Harry had just finished telling Ron what had happened when he'd left the grounds with Professor McGonagall. Ron had a piece of steak and kidney pie halfway to his mouth, but he'd forgotten all about it.". — Description. However, a steak and kidney pie is the exception that proves the rule. Other star flavours in the pie firmament – meat and potato, cheese and onion, balti, (awful, old) But steak and kidney is a pie apart. Its meaty filling is so majestic that the pastry is a pleasant foil rather than central to its enjoyment.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food steak and kidney pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!