Bengali murgir jhol (chicken gravy). Murgir jhol or Bengali chicken curry recipe: Jhol refers to the runniest form of sauce in Bengali cooking. This chicken curry recipe is all about freshness. Add chicken pieces, fried potatoes, and green chillies.
Murgir jhol or kosha mangsho used to be a regular Sunday affair at our household or if I am not wrong each and every Bengali household. As a Bengali, fish used to be an everyday thing at home. Murgir jhol is a chicken and potato curry made by everybody's mom in Bengal.
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, bengali murgir jhol (chicken gravy). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Bengali murgir jhol (chicken gravy) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Bengali murgir jhol (chicken gravy) is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
Murgir jhol or Bengali chicken curry recipe: Jhol refers to the runniest form of sauce in Bengali cooking. This chicken curry recipe is all about freshness. Add chicken pieces, fried potatoes, and green chillies.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have bengali murgir jhol (chicken gravy) using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Bengali murgir jhol (chicken gravy):
- Get 500 gm of chicken.
- Get 3 of potato.
- Take 3 of onion.
- Take 2 of tomato.
- Get 1 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of whole dry red chilli.
- Take 1/3 tsp of Black peppercorn roughly crushed.
- Make ready 4 of Green cardamoms roughly crushed.
- Take 4 of cloves.
- Prepare 2 of cinnamon 1' pieces.
- Make ready to taste of Salt.
- Get 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Take as required of Mustard oil.
- Get 4-5 of Green chillies.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Kashmiri mirch powder.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic paste.
- Make ready 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of hot water.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garam masala powder.
Chicken, potatoes, tomatoes and panch phoran make this a family classic. Murgir jhol is classic Bengali chicken curry. This is pure Indian home cooking. How to make Bengali Murgir Jhol (Bengali Chicken Curry).
Steps to make Bengali murgir jhol (chicken gravy):
- Heat 4-5 tbsp oil in a deep frying pan/kadai. Fry the potatoes over medium heat, let them turn golden brown in color, remove and keep aside. In the remaining oil temper with bay leaf, dry red chilli, green cardamoms, black peppercorns, cloves, and cinnamon..
- Add sliced onions, fry until light brown in color. Add the ginger-garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, kashmiri mirch powder, turmeric powder, and chopped tomatoes. Mix well and mash the tomatoes with the help of the spatula. Cook over medium heat until the masala starts leaving oil..
- Add chicken pieces, fried potatoes, and green chillies. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, stir in between..
- Now add hot water, mix, cover and cook over low heat until the chicken is fully cooked. Add salt when the chicken is half cooked..
- Add sugar and garam masala powder at the end, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes more..
- Delicious bengali chicken gravy is ready.
Add the chicken pieces and rub gently. Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium flame. Basically, Murgir Jhol is a light Chicken Curry prepared in almost all Bengali households and this Jhol is characterized by the runniness and red color of the gravy and presence of well-cooked potatoes in the Chicken Curry. I believe Bongs love the Potato than the meat and for us. Every Bengali family has a favourite Murgir Jhol recipe or Bengali style Chicken curry!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food bengali murgir jhol (chicken gravy) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!