Chicken Chaap (Bengali style chicken in thick poppy paste).
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, chicken chaap (bengali style chicken in thick poppy paste). One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Chaap (Bengali style chicken in thick poppy paste) is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Chicken Chaap (Bengali style chicken in thick poppy paste) is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have chicken chaap (bengali style chicken in thick poppy paste) using 17 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Chaap (Bengali style chicken in thick poppy paste):
- Make ready 500 gm of chicken (big leg pieces).
- Take 200 gm of poppy seeds.
- Prepare 200 gm of cashews.
- Get 200 gm of melon seeds (optional).
- Get 1 of big onion paste.
- Make ready 2 tablespoons of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of Shahi garam masala powder.
- Take 4 tablespoons of yoghurt.
- Make ready 50 ml of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of keora water.
- Prepare 2 of dried red chillies.
- Prepare 1 handful of Whole garam masala.
- Make ready 2 of bay leaves.
- Make ready as needed of Ghee.
Instructions to make Chicken Chaap (Bengali style chicken in thick poppy paste):
- Make shallow slits in the chicken leg pieces.
- Make a thick paste of the cashews, melon seeds and poppy seeds.
- Marinate the chicken with the onion paste, ginger garlic paste, powdered spices, soy sauce, poppy paste, yoghurt, ghee and a teaspoon of keora water for 2 hrs.
- Shake the marinade off the chicken and shallow fry them in white oil or ghee.
- Heat some white oil or ghee in the same pan if needed.
- Add the dried red chillies..
- Add bay leaves and whole garam masala to temper the oil.
- Add the fried chicken and the marinade.
- Cook well until chicken is coated with the spices.
- Add half a teaspoon of sugar and salt to taste.
- Add water if needed until chicken is tender and cooked.
- Once a thick consistenct of the gravy is reached, turn off the stove.
- Add the rest of the keora water.
- Sprinkle some Shahi garam masala powder on the top and garnish with dollops of ghee.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or biryani.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food chicken chaap (bengali style chicken in thick poppy paste) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!