Calcutta Style Chicken Chaap Recipe.
Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, calcutta style chicken chaap recipe. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Calcutta Style Chicken Chaap Recipe is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Calcutta Style Chicken Chaap Recipe is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook calcutta style chicken chaap recipe using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Calcutta Style Chicken Chaap Recipe:
- Prepare 1 kg of Chicken (8 pieces).
- Get of For marination.
- Make ready 5-6 of saffron strands and 2 tablespoons hot water.
- Get 200 grams of curd.
- Prepare 2 of big size onions, ground to paste.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of ginger and garlic paste.
- Make ready 2 teaspoons of Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Take 1 teaspoon of freshly homemade garam masala powder.
- Take 1 tablespoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Kewra water.
- Take 1 tablespoon of sattu / roasted gram powder.
- Get 6-7 of cashew nuts and 2 tablespoons poppy seeds, ground to a smooth paste.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of refined oil.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of sugar.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Take of For cooking.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of refined oil.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of ghee/ clarified butter.
Instructions to make Calcutta Style Chicken Chaap Recipe:
- Take the chicken legs and make small cuts all over the chicken pieces with a knife. Just like pockets, so that the masala goes inside..
- Mix the saffron strands and hot water together and leave it for 10 minutes..
- Beat the curd well. Mix all the ingredients written for marination together. Mix well..
- Mix chicken and the marination mixture together with your hand. Mix well. Try to fill some masalas inside the cuts or pockets. Cover and keep it in the refrigerator for overnight or at least 7-8 hour..
- Heat oil in a flat-bottomed pan. When the oil is hot enough, add the chicken pieces. Saute for a minute in medium to high flame..
- Add the masalas over it and saute for another minute. Keep the flame in low. Cover and cook until the chicken is done and he masala separated from the oil. Check in between..
- Chicken chaap is ready to serve. Serve hot with piping hot rice/biriyani/naan..
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food calcutta style chicken chaap recipe recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!