Kolkata style Chicken Briyani. Calcutta/Kolkata Chicken Biryani is a mixed rice dish inspired by Awadhi cuisine. Biryani usually cooked with rice, Yogurt, meat and spices. However Diwali is a special occasion, so a little bit After I left my home town I missed Biryani like any other Bengali.
Kolkata special chicken biryani is ready to serve, best to serve it with any Bengali style chicken or muton recipe or just with salads. Tips for making Kolkata style best chicken biryani. Though old basmati rice is perfect for biryani.
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, kolkata style chicken briyani. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Kolkata style Chicken Briyani is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Kolkata style Chicken Briyani is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Calcutta/Kolkata Chicken Biryani is a mixed rice dish inspired by Awadhi cuisine. Biryani usually cooked with rice, Yogurt, meat and spices. However Diwali is a special occasion, so a little bit After I left my home town I missed Biryani like any other Bengali.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook kolkata style chicken briyani using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Kolkata style Chicken Briyani:
- Take 1 kg of chicken.
- Make ready 4 of potatoes.
- Make ready 500 gm of Basmati rice.
- Make ready 3 of medium size slice onions.
- Get as needed of oil for frying the birista and cooking.
- Make ready 1 cup of curd.
- Take 2 tsp of ginger and garlic paste.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of birista (fried onion).
- Make ready 1 tsp of Kewra water.
- Get 1 tsp of rose water.
- Get 1 tsp of meetha attar.
- Take 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black pepper powder.
- Take 2 tsp of briyani masala powder.
- Take to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Make ready 5 piece of alubukhara (dried plums).
- Make ready 1/2 cup of grated khoya.
- Make ready 1 1/4 cuo of milk.
- Make ready pinch of saffron strands.
- Take 2 tsp of melted butter.
- Take 4 tsp of melted ghee.
The seller must have such information, so just ask him before buying. Kolkata Chicken Biryani or Bengali style Chicken Dum Biryani is an epitome of indulgence in delicate delicious food. Typical Kolkata biryani which is adopted from Awadhi style Biryani. Biryani is itself a meal where meat(chicken, mutton or fish) and rice slowly cooked together and serve with raita, salad as sides.
Steps to make Kolkata style Chicken Briyani:
- First make birista for deep fry the slices onions till slightly golden in color then fry the potatoes once done keep it aside..
- Then marinate the chicken for this in a large mixing bowl mix together curd,ginger garlic paste,red chili powder, birista,kewra water,salt,biryani masala powder,pepper powder then add chicken pieces keep it aside for few hours,soak the rice for 30 minutes..
- Then heat a kadhai add some oil then add the marinated chicken pieces add the potatoes cook it on a low medium flame till it done.
- Now separate the chicken pieces and little gravy contain in it, set the kadhai grease it with some ghee then boil the rice with whole garam masala parboiled the rice, now assemble everything together..
- Some chicken pieces,potatoes,dried plum sprinkle with some biryani masala powder,grated khoya put some rice then soaked saffron milk mixture then again layered with rice sprinkle with biryani masala powder,grated khoya milk essence mixture melted butter ghee mixture and birista..
- Cover it with aluminum foil then put the lid on it cook it on very low flame for 35 minutes then turn off the heat keep it aside for 30 minutes then serve hot..
The origin of the dish is South Asia but none can tell the exact location where it was borne. All over in India, there are many different types of biryani cooked. Kolkata Style Chicken Biryani recipe cooked in a pressure cooker. Follow the steps to achieve the near-perfect blend of flavours. The Kolkata style chicken biryani, as it is fondly called, is a direct copy of the Lucknow Biryani which food historians and old-timers say is a pulao.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food kolkata style chicken briyani recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!