Chicken Dum Biryani. World Famous Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani-हैदराबादी चिकन दम बिरयानी-Authentic Chicken Dum Biryani. Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani is an authentic Hyderabadi special rice dish which is a popular Dum Biryani recipe of Chicken from Hyderabad served with kheera raita or cucumber raita or pyaz. Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe is one such recipe which is loved by everyone in the family.
More Chicken biryani recipes Hyderabadi biryani Chicken dum biryani Chettinad biryani. Dum Biryani is made using the "dum pukht" method. Dum pukht in the Persian language means "slow Chicken is the main ingredient for making Hyderabadi chicken dum biryani.
Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chicken dum biryani. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Dum Biryani is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Chicken Dum Biryani is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
World Famous Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani-हैदराबादी चिकन दम बिरयानी-Authentic Chicken Dum Biryani. Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani is an authentic Hyderabadi special rice dish which is a popular Dum Biryani recipe of Chicken from Hyderabad served with kheera raita or cucumber raita or pyaz. Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe is one such recipe which is loved by everyone in the family.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken dum biryani using 45 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Dum Biryani:
- Make ready of For Marination:.
- Prepare 750 gms of chicken.
- Get 1/2 cup of yogurt.
- Take 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies.
- Get 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Take 1/2 tsp of chilli power.
- Get 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Take 1 of bay leaf,.
- Take of 2 black cardamoms,.
- Prepare of 1 green cardamom, 4-5 black pepper corns, 3-4 cloves, 2 star anise, ,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of jeera.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Take 1/2 cup of mint leaves.
- Get 1/2 cup of coriander leaves.
- Make ready 2 tsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fried onions.
- Make ready of For Masala:.
- Take 3 tbsp of oil.
- Take 1 tsp of jeera.
- Make ready 3 of large onions, sliced.
- Take 1 tsp of freshly made ginger garlic paste.
- Get 2 of tomatoes, cut lengthwise.
- Get as needed of Little salt.
- Take 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- Take 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Get of For Rice:.
- Make ready 2 1/2 cups of basmati rice, washed and soaked in water for about 30-40 mins.
- Take 1 tsp of oil.
- Get 2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare as needed of Few mint leaves.
- Get as needed of Few coriander leaves.
- Make ready of All the mentioned whole garam masala's above, but wrapped in a muslin cloth.
- Get of For Dum:.
- Make ready 1 cup of chopped mint and coriander leaves(together.
- Get 1 cup of fried onions.
- Get 1 tbsp of ghee/clarified butter.
- Take 1 tsp of biriyani masala (I have used Everest).
- Take 2 tbsp of milk (room temperature).
- Make ready as needed of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Take as needed of Red food colour (optional).
What chicken is best for chicken Biryani? Chicken dum biryani recipe: chicken biryani using 'dum' method is probably the longest standing recipe in my to-make list. While a quick chicken biryani is sufficiently satisfying, dum biryani is really. Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani — Hyderabadi biryani is a form of biryani, from Hyderabad, South India.
Instructions to make Chicken Dum Biryani:
- For the marination, clean the chicken and all the mentioned ingredients. Mix well, cover and refrigerate it overnight or for min 3-4 hrs..
- In a rice pot, add 3/4th water and all other ingredients. Cover and let it come to a boil. Then add the soaked rice and cook till 3/4th done. Strain and keep aside..
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and let it heat. Now,add zeera and then the sliced onions. Fry till golden brown..
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a min or so in medium flame..
- Add the sliced tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, and mix well. Cook till the tomatoes turns mushy..
- Now it's time to add the marinated chicken. Give it a good mix and on high flame cook till the water separates. Then, lower the flame and pressure cook it for 1 whistle..
- Take a thick bottomed nonstick pan/biriyani handi and grease it with few drops of oil. Add the first layer of chicken and then rice. Add few chopped mint and coriander leaves, few fried onions. Again layer it with chicken and rice. Finally, add the remaining fried onions,mint and coriander leaves. Sprinkle the biriyani masala all over the top layer.Add the food colour to the lemon juice, mix well and add few drops here and there. Add few drops of milk here and there too. Add the clarified ghee..
- For Dum: I use an aluminum foil and cover the pan entirely, nicely seal it and cover the lid. You can also use the authentic method of dum i.e sealing the pan along with the lid with wheat dough so that the air shouldn't pass..
- Note: 1) Adjust the spice level as per your taste. 2) If you don't want 4 layers of biriyani, add all the chicken in one layer and then top it up with the cooked rice. 3) After you pressure cook the chicken and if you see the gravy is too thin, on high flame, let it cook for few more mins(uncovered). 4) When it comes to using food colour, you can definitely play with as many or as less colors you want. You also have a choice to skip this step completely..
- Note: For fried onions,I have just sliced the onions and fried it in vegetable oil till they turned brown. You can also use store bought one if you want to avoid this step and save some time..
It is prepared in the form of kachay gosht ki biryani and dum ki biryani. This is chicken dum biryani that fill your house with tempting biryani aroma. But wait, if you are in any case looking for Pakistani or Karachi style degi Biryani that you had at a restaurant or on the street or. Chicken dum biryani is goodness of rice and meat in layers! Process of cooking in it's own steam until rice and meat are perfectly cooked.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chicken dum biryani recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!