Chicken Nanban (Deep Fry). Chicken Nanban was created in a small town in the Miyazaki Prefecture of Kyushu, Japan's southernmost island. Allegedly, it was a humble meal Deep-fry the eggplant until light golden brown. Transfer it to a wire rack or a plate lined with a paper towel.
Fried chicken soaked in sweet and sour Nanban sauce topped with tasty tartar egg sauce. • Chicken Nanban is deep-fried chicken with tartar sauce, a dish from Miyazaki prefecture in Kyusyu, the southern big island of Japan. The chicken is lightly battered and fried, then dipped in sweet and sour sauce just like Nanbanzuke, marinaded fried fish with vegetables. Chicken Nanban is a type of Japanese fried chicken and an easy authentic Japanese recipe.
Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chicken nanban (deep fry). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Nanban (Deep Fry) is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Chicken Nanban (Deep Fry) is something that I have loved my entire life.
Chicken Nanban was created in a small town in the Miyazaki Prefecture of Kyushu, Japan's southernmost island. Allegedly, it was a humble meal Deep-fry the eggplant until light golden brown. Transfer it to a wire rack or a plate lined with a paper towel.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken nanban (deep fry) using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Nanban (Deep Fry):
- Get 3 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Take 3 Tbsp of rice vinegar.
- Take 3 Tbsp of brown sugar.
- Make ready 2 of Chicken Thighs.
- Get of Salt and Pepper.
- Get 2 Tbsp of Flour.
- Get 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare of Olive Oil for Deep Frying.
- Get of Tartar Sauce.
- Take 1 of boiled egg (chopped).
- Make ready 2 Tbsp of Onion (chopped).
- Take 2 Tbsp of Pickle Relish.
- Get 1/4 cup of Japanese Kewpie Mayonnaise.
- Prepare of Salt.
We need to marinate the chicken meat with soy sauce and sake then mix it with an egg and flour so that when it is deep-fried the Karaage is crispy and fluffy. Chicken Nanban is a popular Western style "yoshoku" dish from Japan. Succulent chicken thigh is coated in egg and potato starch, deep fried and then coated in a tangy, sweet "nanban" sauce. Lastly, the dish is topped with a rich and creamy Japanese style tartar sauce.
Instructions to make Chicken Nanban (Deep Fry):
- First step is to pour our enough oil into a frying pan to cover the chicken and heat up to 350 degrees at medium-high heat. Check it to make sure it doesn't go above 350. You want to maintain that cooking temp the entire time..
- Lets make the Tarter sauce because you want to mix it up and keep it in the fridge until your ready to serve it..
- Now you want to make the Nanban sauce so take out a small pan set heat to medium-low and add in the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sugar together. Heat until sugar is dissolved. Now remove from the heat and put in the sauce in a bake dish or bowl and save for later..
- Take out the chicken thighs and try to buy the ones from the Japanese market as they are bigger and taste better then the American grocery shops. Flatten out the thighs, and give them some salt and pepper on both sides. Next take out two pans one with all-purpose flour and the other with the beaten egg. Coat the chicken in the flour then right into the beating egg and add into the frying oil. Cook until golden brown..
- Once cooked all the way through remove the chicken from the oil and transfer directly into your nanban sauce. Coat the chicken on both side and remove them to a cutting board and cut up the thigh into 7-8 strips. Now add them on to your serving plate and take a scoop of the tartar sauce you had in the fridge and put on top of the chicken. Serve with green salad or fresh green. You can also add more nanban sauce if you like it more wet..
- I hope you like this recipe. I have made this many times and it is very good. Arigato from The Food Dude and Cheers..
Chicken Nanban is a local specialty in Miyazaki Prefecture. The nanban sauce goes great with the tartar sauce. The meat is tender and juicy. The deep-fried batter absorbs the nanban sauce, making the dish more delicious. You can pour the remaining nanban sauce over the side vegetables..is Chicken Nanban – lightly battered Karaage-style fried chicken tossed in sweet and sour Nanban sauce then drizzled with delicious tartar sauce! leading to an adaptation of chicken nanban – deep fried chicken fillets topped with tartar sauce; a fusion of original nanban cuisine and new world.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chicken nanban (deep fry) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!