(Oyakodon) Japanese Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl. Chef Dai demonstrates how to make "Oyakodon" – a simple yet delicious Japanese rice bowl recipe with tender, juicy nuggets of chicken and fluffy, creamy egg. Quick and easy one-pot oyakodon (Japanese chicken and egg rice bowl) is a popular restaurant dish that is easy to perfect at home with this recipe. Reserving extra egg yolks and adding them back to the bowl (or bowls) at the end gives the dish extra richness.
All Reviews for Oyakodon (Japanese Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl). Classic Oyakodon recipe – chicken and egg are simmered in a sweet and savory dashi sauce then As for the condiments, if you cook Japanese or Asian food often, you most likely have sake Transfer the chicken and egg over the steamed rice and drizzle the desired amount of remaining sauce. Chicken – Chicken breasts, Chicken thigh and Chicken tenders any of them work for Oyakodon recipe.
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, (oyakodon) japanese chicken and egg rice bowl. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
(Oyakodon) Japanese Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. (Oyakodon) Japanese Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Chef Dai demonstrates how to make "Oyakodon" – a simple yet delicious Japanese rice bowl recipe with tender, juicy nuggets of chicken and fluffy, creamy egg. Quick and easy one-pot oyakodon (Japanese chicken and egg rice bowl) is a popular restaurant dish that is easy to perfect at home with this recipe. Reserving extra egg yolks and adding them back to the bowl (or bowls) at the end gives the dish extra richness.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have (oyakodon) japanese chicken and egg rice bowl using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make (Oyakodon) Japanese Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl:
- Take 2 of Eggs.
- Get 2 of Chicken thighs, boneless.
- Get 1/2 Cups of White beech mushrooms, optional.
- Get 1/2 of Onions.
- Make ready 1 of Scallion.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Take 2 tbsp of Mirin, Japanese cooking seasoning.
- Get 2 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- Get 8 tbsp of Dashi Stock, Japanese broth.
- Make ready 1 bowl of Cooked Rice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Shichimi Togarashi, Japanese seven spice mix.
Eggs, Onion and Mitsuba to garnish. Alternatively, you can use spring onions to add the green pop of colour and flavor. Japanese condiments – mirin, sugar and usukuchi soy sauce. Oyakodon, a soupy rice bowl with bite-size chicken and softly cooked egg, is often overshadowed by its more glamorous cousins — katsudon, crowned with a golden breaded pork cutlet, and kaisendon, jeweled with sashimi But to describe oyakodon's layered textures and sweet-salty sauce of onions.
Instructions to make (Oyakodon) Japanese Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl:
- Cut scallion into green and white portions. Chop scallion white in 1-inch, finely chopped scallion green. Slice onions, put them into a bowl of water..
- Crack eggs in a bowl, beat eggs well and set aside. Chop chicken thighs in 1-inch and hand mix with 1/2 tsp salt..
- Heat up a pan on medium heat and pan fry chopped chicken thighs until slight golden. Remove from the pan and set aside..
- In the pan, add onions, scallion white, and mushrooms, fry until dry and fragrant. Mix well Mirin, soy sauce and dashi stock, pour in and stir slightly..
- Add chicken and simmer with lid for 3 minutes over low heat..
- Add half amount of beaten eggs liquid, wait for 2 minutes until eggs are firm. Add the rest eggs liquid for just 30 seconds and remove from heat immediately..
- Sprinkle chopped scallion green and Japanese seven spice mix. Enjoy it over rice!.
Oyakodon (親子丼), literally "parent-and-child donburi", is a donburi, or Japanese rice bowl dish, in which chicken, egg, sliced scallion (or sometimes regular onions), and other ingredients are all simmered together in a kind of soup that is made with soy sauce and stock. Oyakodon, a Japanese rice dish of chicken, onions and eggs flavored with mirin, soy and dashi stock, is a one-pan quick meal. But instead of frying an egg in a separate pan and putting it over the top, beaten egg is poured over the simmering chicken and steamed right into the rest of the dish. Oyakodon (親子丼) is a classic Japanese chicken and egg rice bowl, with tender pieces of chicken and sweet onions simmered in a sweet and savory dashi that's bound together with egg. It's a satisfying comfort food that's a staple of Japanese home cooking thanks to its simple preparation.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food (oyakodon) japanese chicken and egg rice bowl recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!