Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green. Great recipe for Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green. I wrote this recipe about ten years ago. Way before I met my Phoenix native husband that dislikes red enchilada sauce.
Ground beef or chicken can be added to the filling. Our easy green chicken enchilada recipe is weeknight ready and all but guaranteed to please everyone from starving Toss the chicken with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and mozzarella—these mild, milky cheeses melt like no other, and meld beautifully with this. Green Enchiladas are my favorite enchiladas.
Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, shredded chicken enchiladas red or green. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Great recipe for Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green. I wrote this recipe about ten years ago. Way before I met my Phoenix native husband that dislikes red enchilada sauce.
Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have shredded chicken enchiladas red or green using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green:
- Make ready 2 of large chicken breasts.
- Make ready 1/2 C of cooked rice.
- Make ready 1 of onion chopped.
- Take 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- Make ready 1/2 pint of sour cream.
- Get 2 C of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Take of Tortillas.
- Take 1 1/2 Tbs of chili powder.
- Get 1/2 Tbs of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of parsley.
- Get 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Get 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Take of FOR RED SAUCE – 15 oz tomato sauce & can of red enchilada sauce.
- Take of FOR GREEN SAUCE -large can green enchilada sauce 28-32oz.
This chicken enchiladas recipe is one that I have developed and I compare all other green enchiladas to mine. The red sauce, picante sauce, is also a very good salsa that I will put up against the best and you can easily make it. These Shredded Chicken Enchiladas are healthy and the best enchilada recipe! These Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas include Corn tortillas stuffed with chicken, cheese, green Making this chicken enchilada recipe is simple!
Steps to make Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green:
- Cook chicken in crockpot seasoned with salt and covered with water. Can cook overnight on low or on high about 3 hours.
- Cook rice.
- Once chicken is done take out and wipe off fat and skin with a paper towel. Shred with a fork or in a blender. Don't shred too fine..
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat oil on medium heat in large skillet. Add in onion, garlic, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Stir and cook 1-2 mins.
- Add in chicken, rice, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, parsley, oregano and pepper. Stir to combine until cheese melts.
- Stir in tomato sauce if making red, or 2 cups of green sauce if making green and the salt stirring to combine..
- Roll mixture into tortillas and arrange in a baking dish. Cover with the remaining green sauce or red sauce. Top with remaining shredded cheese and bake uncovered for 20 mins.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded lettuce or diced tomatoes if desired.
Just follow these simple steps to make this easy, cheesy dinner recipe! Chicken: Use canned chicken or a rotisserie chicken and shred with fork. Do you love chicken enchiladas as much as we do? Here's one of our favorite chicken enchiladas recipes! These enchiladas can work for an easy All you need to make the enchiladas are corn tortillas, already cooked and shredded or chopped chicken meat, some grated melty cheese like.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food shredded chicken enchiladas red or green recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!