Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry. Kerala is known as the "Land of Spices" because it traded spices with Europe as well as with many ancient civilizations. PpRemove the partially fried chicken from oil. Keeping the flame in medium, to the same oil add Ginger and Garlic, and sauté for few seconds so that the aroma combines with oil.
Add chicken and enough water to barely cover the chicken. When the chicken is tender, season with salt and serve. You want to fry your spices in the oil.
Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, kerala style spicy chicken curry. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Kerala is known as the "Land of Spices" because it traded spices with Europe as well as with many ancient civilizations. PpRemove the partially fried chicken from oil. Keeping the flame in medium, to the same oil add Ginger and Garlic, and sauté for few seconds so that the aroma combines with oil.
Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have kerala style spicy chicken curry using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry:
- Make ready 2-3 lbs of Free range organic whole chicken – skinless ,cut into medium size pieces.
- Take of Curry leaves few strands (or handful of leaves).
- Take 2 of medium size purple onions – chopped into fine pieces.
- Get 2 of large tomatoes- cut into fine pieces.
- Prepare of Extra virgin coconut oil required for cooking.
- Make ready 3-4 of green chillies chopped vertically.
- Prepare 1 cup of cilantro leaves – chopped.
- Take 1 1/2-2 cups of coconut milk (another option – take 1 cup of shredded coconut and grind it into fine paste in mixer and use).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger paste (around 2'' piece).
- Make ready 1 tbsp of garlic paste (around 4-5 nos).
- Prepare 2 tsp of vinegar.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Take of For Masala :.
- Get 5-8 of Dried red chilli (add more or less depending on spice level).
- Take 10 of Black peppercorns.
- Make ready 3-4 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Take 3-4 of cardamom pods.
- Prepare 3-4 of cloves.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Take 1 tsp of Fennel seeds.
- Make ready 2 of small sticks cinnamon (or 1/2 tsp if using powder).
- Take 2-3 strands of curry leaves.
- Get 4-5 of pearl onions – peeled and chopped into two halves.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
Bad things happen if the spices stick and burn. Add the Indian hotel curry gravy. Let's make delicious chicken curry in Kerala style. Instructions: In a bowl add the chicken along with the all the ingredients listed under ' for marination'.
Steps to make Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry:
- In a pan pour 1 tbsp of coconut oil and wait till the oil becomes hot. Next, fry all the items mentioned under masala section till the nice aroma of masala comes. Turn off the heat and wait for the mixture to cool down before you grind it into a thick paste (add some water for grinding). Keep this masala paste aside.
- In a cooking dish add few teaspoons of coconut oil required to fry the chopped onions. Wait till onion changes color. Then add salt as required..
- Next add ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and fry well. Into this add chopped tomato pieces, few curry leaves and sauté well.
- Add vinegar and the previously prepared masala paste and continue to sauté well..
- Add chicken pieces into this. Cover the dish and cook for 5 minutes. Now ,add coconut milk/paste and mix well. Allow this to cook for 2 – 5 minutes or till the chicken is cooked. Add hot water if you need more gravy. Finally add chopped cilantro, curry leaves. Mix everything well and bring it to a boil..
- Turn off the heat and pour 1/2 tsp coconut oil on the top. Serve hot with rice, roti, puttu, dosa, etc ..
Add garlic,ginger, green chilies ,curry leaves and shallots. Next add onion and mix well. Kerala Chicken Curry – 'ThattuKada Chicken Curry' This is a nice and spicy Kerala Nadan Chicken Curry. You can make it as spicy as you like or cut down on the chilli flakes to keep the heat to a medium. My recipe for Thattuakada Chicken Curry is only moderately spiced.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food kerala style spicy chicken curry recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!