Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo). Dough: In a large bowl combine flour, oil, salt and water. Knead well again before making wrappers. Filling: In a large bowl combine all filling ingredients.
In a small sauce pan add the olive oil, onions, tomatoes, and green chilis. Cook on medium-high heat until most of the tomato juice is gone. Place the momo in the prepared steamer pan.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, nepali dumplings (mo:mo). It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo) is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Dough: In a large bowl combine flour, oil, salt and water. Knead well again before making wrappers. Filling: In a large bowl combine all filling ingredients.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook nepali dumplings (mo:mo) using 21 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo):
- Get of Mo:Mo (Dumplings).
- Prepare 12 oz. of Wonton wraps (48 count).
- Make ready 1 lbs of ground meat (chicken, turkey, etc.).
- Make ready 1 Tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion (white, red, or yellow).
- Make ready 8 oz. of shredded cabbage (or cole slaw).
- Take 1/2 bunch of cilantro.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- Make ready 1 tsp of salt.
- Get 2.5 Tbsp of Momo masala.
- Make ready 1 Tbsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare of Achaar (the sauce).
- Get 2 Tbsp of canola oil.
- Take 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ginger paste.
- Get 1/4 Tbsp of cumin.
- Get 3/4 cup of broth (vegetable or meat).
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of cilantro.
- Make ready of Some hot sauce (optional, if desired).
Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. Fill the steamer pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Set the steamer pan with the momos on top of. Momo, often known as Nepali dumplings come in various shapes, sizes and with all kinds of filings.
Instructions to make Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo):
- In a large mixing bowl, put the meat and pour the oil on it..
- In the meantime, put the onion, cilantro, and cabbage in a blender and blend it. The purpose is to chop it fine, and not a smooth paste. Once it is chopped finely in the blender, pour it in the bowl with the meat..
- Add the remaining of the ingredients to the bowl and mix the entire mixture really well. (Hand mixing works best!).
- Let it marinate in the fridge while you prepare rest of the steps..
- While the meat mixture is marinating, make the achaar (sauce). Chop the tomatoes and onions in quarters. Chop the cilantro bunch in half..
- In a small pot, add the oil and heat it for a minute in medium heat. Add the onions and cook it until it's translucent- about 5 minutes..
- Add the tomato quarters in the pot and cook until tomatoes start to release juice..
- Once the tomatoes start to release juice, add the turmeric, salt, garlic, and ginger. Cook for another minute..
- Add the cumin and cook for about 1 minute. Add the broth, lower heat, and summer it for about 5 minutes. If the broth in the mixture starts to evaporate and the mixture becomes dry, pour a little more broth. At the end of the 5 minutes, you would want the mixture to be a little brothy!.
- Take the pot out of the heat and let it cool for a few minutes. Then, pour all of the tomato mixture in a blender. Add the cilantro to the blender and blend really well..
- Refrigerate the sauce while you follow the remaining steps for dumplings..
- Set up the steamer and heat some water in the steamer base so that the water steam is ready. In the meantime, wrap the marinated meat mixture in the wraps..
- Ideally, take a fork, and place a small fork-full of meat mixture in the center of the wrap. Rub some water on the edges of the wrap and seal all the edges together. Make sure that all corners and sealed. Repeat until you run out of the meat, or the wrap!.
- Once the meat mixture has been wrapped and the water is boiling, put the Momos in the steamer and steam it for 20 minutes. If the steamer has two tiers, make sure that you switch the tiers at 10 minute mark, so that each tier of Momos are cooked properly..
- Once cooked, remove the Momos from the steamer and serve immediately. To serve, add the desired amount of the Momos in a bowl and pour some chilled achaar over it..
- Refrigerate the leftover Momos and achaar. Eat within 3 days..
With simple recipes and delicious taste, momo (nepali dumpling) is the go-to meal for any period of the day. Momo dumplings were traditionally only filled with minced meat, but nowadays, the fillings have diversified to include vegetables, dairy, or a combination of both. They are native to Tibet and have been brought to the Kathmandu Valley by traveling Newar merchants, and thus Nepal, where they consider them as their own Chop into large chunks and pulse in the food processor until a ground meat texture is achieved. In a large bowl, prepare the filling. Combine the freshly made ground chicken, red onion, scallions, the ½ cup finely chopped cilantro, minced garlic, grated ginger, turmeric, chile powder, garam masala, ghee, and avocado oil.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food nepali dumplings (mo:mo) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!