Taisen's Chicken Curry.
Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, taisen's chicken curry. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Taisen's Chicken Curry is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Taisen's Chicken Curry is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook taisen's chicken curry using 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Taisen's Chicken Curry:
- Take 1 large of onion.
- Get 5 of to 8 dashes of red curry powder ( you can use more for more heat ).
- Prepare 5 of to 8 dashes of yellow curry powder ( again you can use more or even less, depending on how spicy you want this ).
- Get 1 of If you can't find red curry powder, use any 2 different ones you do have or buy. I have a variety of different curry powders. You can use Madras , mild, hot, Tandoori, etc.
- Take 1 packages of of boneless chicken breast. you can use other chicken pieces but you will have to pull it off the bone.
- Take 1 of flour or cornstarch ( I prefer cornstarch because it doesn't get that flour taste ).
- Prepare 1 of oil . you can use any kind but I use extra virgin olive oil. you only need a small amount to fry the onions in.
- Prepare 1 of to 3 dashes of red pepper flakes if you want.
- Take 2 of boxes of chicken broth. I dont know how many cans if you use canned.
- Take 1 can of of peanuts.
- Make ready 2 of cucumbers.
- Prepare 3 of to 5 bananas.
- Make ready 1 can of of coconut or package. I dont use this but my mom does so I dont know how it comes.
- Make ready 1 can of of sliced or crushed pineapple. juice drained.
- Get 1 of bacon bits.
- Prepare 1 can of of cashews if desired.
- Prepare 1 of or more bags of instant white or wheat rice. depending on how many people.
- Take 1 of any other topping you would like..
- Take 1 of more of the red and yellow curry powder for the sauce. this is to taste.
- Take 2 of to 3 red apples peeled and chopped into bite size pieces ( optional ) . this adds a little more sweetness.
- Take 2 of to 3 green apples peeled and chopped into bite size pieces ( this adds a different sweetness and tartness) . Optional.
Instructions to make Taisen's Chicken Curry:
- cook chicken in a pot on the stove with half water and half chicken broth. cook all the way through! I normally use half a box of broth for this along with some curry powder in the liquid. You can also just use water and add about 3 to 5 chicken bouillon cubes. Use this broth to make the sauce. If you need more broth use a can , box broth or make your own..
- pull the chicken out of the pot. you can save the broth from this to use if you like. I never have. cool the chicken down on a plate so that you dont burn your fingers..
- while the chicken is cooling down cut and chop up some onion to start the sauce..
- put a little bit of oil ( enough to fry the onions) until they are a bit translucent. add in a few dashes of both curry powders to this. I use more than a few dashes. I use about 3 to 4 tablespoons..
- after the onions have turned translucent add in a bit of flour. mix and make it a thick paste. after it is a mixed paste slowly add in chicken broth a little at a time making a gravy..
- if you make it to thin add flour and broth mixed together in a separate bowl but do it slow as it will thicken very fast. if it is to thick add more broth. The other thing that you can do is make some broth add in some curry powder, and cook for a few minutes and add in cornstarch or flour. Add slowly to desired thickness..
- add more curry powder. both of them. do not over do it as curry powder gets spicy the longer it sits and simmers. add about 4 teaspoons of each one. mix well on a low setting. you dont want this boiling. stir a lot. let it simmer. The curry powder needs to cook. It works better to cook it separately in broth and then add. If you want to add directly in the sauce make sure to cook it for at least 15 minutes or longer..
- I let mine simmer stirring every 10 to 15 minutes. I usually let this cook for about 20 to 40 minutes depending on the flavor as I always adjust the spiciness to our tastes..
- while that is simmering take the chicken and pull it apart into pieces. your choice shred small or big.
- add the chicken pieces into the sauce and stir.
- I recommend that you taste the sauce at least every 20 minutes. I let mine simmer for about 2 to 3 hours . you can also freeze the sauce after it cools down..
- taste taste taste! if you want it mild dont add to much pepper or curry powder. if you like spicy add more.
- while the sauce is simmering peel and chop toppings. save the bananas for last as they get brown. put each topping in a separate bowl with a spoon or cover if needed. any canned that has juice drain the juice. cook your rice.
- when rice is done drain and put it in a bowl. then serve all. put the rice on a plate first then some sauce and let everyone pick the toppings!!.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food taisen's chicken curry recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!