Spring Rolls with Homemade Spring Roll Wrappers. This Spring Roll recipe is crisp on the outside with a juicy chicken and vegetables filling. You can fill the spring roll wrappers with anything you'd like. For vegetarian or vegan, just ommit the meat.
Place egg and cold water in well. Beat with a wooden spoon until a smooth dough has formed. Mix salt and all purpose flour and then pour in water.
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, spring rolls with homemade spring roll wrappers. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spring Rolls with Homemade Spring Roll Wrappers is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Spring Rolls with Homemade Spring Roll Wrappers is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
This Spring Roll recipe is crisp on the outside with a juicy chicken and vegetables filling. You can fill the spring roll wrappers with anything you'd like. For vegetarian or vegan, just ommit the meat.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have spring rolls with homemade spring roll wrappers using 23 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Spring Rolls with Homemade Spring Roll Wrappers:
- Get 750 ml of cold milk/water.
- Get 2 of large eggs.
- Get 250 gr of all-purpose flour.
- Get 50 gr of tapioca starch.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 1 tbs of vegetable/canola oil.
- Prepare of VEGAN VERSION :.
- Get 800-825 ml of water.
- Take 250 gr of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 50 gr of tapioca starch.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 1 tbs of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Filling.
- Make ready 5 of shallots, finely chopped.
- Take 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Make ready 1.5 lbs of carrot, shredded.
- Get Half of cabbage, thinly sliced.
- Get 3-4 of green onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of ground chicken.
- Make ready of Salt to taste.
- Make ready of Sugar to taste.
- Take of Ground pepper to taste.
- Prepare 12 of hard boil eggs (optional), slice each egg into 8 slices.
Strain the batter to remove any lumps. Prepare a non-stick pan and a small brush. Heat your pan over slowest fire and then quickly brush the batter on the pan to form a round skin. Spring roll wrappers can be hard to find if you do not live near an Asian supermarket.
Instructions to make Spring Rolls with Homemade Spring Roll Wrappers:
- First you have to make the filling..
- Heat oil in a skillet or wok over high heat. Add shallot and garlic, stir quickly, then add chicken. Cook, breaking it up as you go, until it turns white..
- Add carrot and cabbage. Cook until vegetables are wilted. Add salt, a little bit of sugar and pepper, cook until the liquid is gone. The Filling should not be watery, it should be kind of dry (watery filling = soggy spring rolls). Give a taste. Add more seasoning as needed..
- Add green onion. Give a couple of stir. Turn off the heat..
- Cool the filling. The filling can be made a day before..
- Making the wrappers : Put all the ingredients for the wrapper in a blender. Process until you get smooth batter. The texture batter should be like crepe batter. Take about 1/4 cup of batter and put aside. This is going to be used to "glue/seal" the spring rolls..
- Prepare the 9 in flat bottom non-stick pan. Brush the pan with a little oil..
- Preheat the pan with very low heat. Don't get the pan too hot because the batter won't be able to spread on the pan..
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the pan and cook over low heat. Turn pan immediately from side to side to form an even circle. Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side. Remove from heat and stack them..
- Place the wrapper with the smooth side down. Place the filling on the bottom. Top with 4 slices of hard boiled egg. Roll up halfway, fold sides in, then finish rolling. Use the batter that you put aside to seal..
- Pour enough oil in a wok or large saucepan so it is double the height of the spring rolls. Heat on medium high until hot – stick a bamboo chopstick or wooden spoon handle in, if rapid bubbles appear, then it's hot enough..
- Carefully place spring rolls in the oil (about 4 – 5 at a time) and cook, turning occasionally, until deep golden. Transfer to paper towels to drain..
- Repeat with remaining spring rolls. Serve while hot with Sweet and Sour Sauce!.
- Note : You do not need to always fry this spring rolls. My preference is to eat them fresh without deep frying them..
If they are not readily accessible, the best thing to do is make your own. This is an easy, three-ingredient recipe for the standard flour and water wrappers that are used to make Chinese spring rolls. Fold both ends of the wrapper inward, then fold the bottom edge over the filling. Roll it up tightly and place it on your serving plate with the seam side down. Spring Rolls are Made With Rice Paper Wrappers.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food spring rolls with homemade spring roll wrappers recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!