Chicken and Pork Adobo. Pour in reserved cooking liquid, and continue simmering until sauce is slightly thickened. Pork and Chicken Adobo is a version of Filipino adobo using the combination of chicken and pork. Adobo is considered as the signature dish of the Philippines.
This CPA (Chicken Pork Adobo) recipe is not much different from other versions made solely of chicken or pork, other than brown the pork, which requires longer cook time, a bit before adding the chicken to prevent the latter from falling apart while the former sufficiently tenderizes. The chicken can also marinate overnight. Place the chicken, bay leaves and marinade in a deep sided sauté pan and cook over medium heat.
Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, chicken and pork adobo. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken and Pork Adobo is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Chicken and Pork Adobo is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Pour in reserved cooking liquid, and continue simmering until sauce is slightly thickened. Pork and Chicken Adobo is a version of Filipino adobo using the combination of chicken and pork. Adobo is considered as the signature dish of the Philippines.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken and pork adobo using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken and Pork Adobo:
- Take 250 grams of Chicken.
- Take 250 grams of Pork.
- Get 2 tablespoons of Garlic.
- Get 2 tablespoons of Onion.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of Soy Sauce.
- Take 1/4 cup of White Vinegar.
- Take 1/4 cup of Water.
- Take 2 tablespoons of White Sugar.
- Make ready 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- Get 1/8 teaspoon of Rock Salt.
- Make ready 10 grams of Spring Onion.
- Make ready 1/8 teaspoon of Black Pepper.
When the sauce is bubbling, turn the chicken and. Place the chicken and pork pieces in a non-reactive bowl. Pour the marinade and ensure all the pieces are evenly coated. Heat the oil in a large pan.
Instructions to make Chicken and Pork Adobo:
- PREPARE THE INGREDIENTS – Chop the garlic. Slice the onion. Cut the chicken and pork into pieces..
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS – Put the pan to medium heat, add olive oil and sauté the garlic and onion..
- Add the pork and season with salt and pepper and then stir fry. Using the tongs, press down the skin on the pan. You may hear cracking sounds, don't be afraid, it's all good 🙂 Sear all sides of the pork until it becomes golden brown. I later decided to cut the pork into smaller pieces to cook faster..
- Add in the chicken, skin side down. Season with salt and pepper. And just like the pork, sear all sides..
- Add in the soy sauce and vinegar and let it simmer for 15 minutes..
- Adjust the flavor to your liking by adding water, sugar, salt and pepper. Simmer until the chicken and pork absorbs the liquid and releases their own fat..
- Garnish with chopped spring onions. Serve with hot steamed rice and enjoy! ©homebasedchef Variations: You may add chili if you want it spicy. You may add potatoes or hard-boiled eggs after the chicken if you want additional flavor and texture. You may add sliced tomatoes on the side to balance out the saltiness..
Saute the garlic and onion until aromatic. Change up your traditional stew recipe with this Filipino classic. Chicken Adobo and Pork with Pineapple Recipe. Without a doubt, adding pineapples to recipes like this is worth the try. Pig meat and chicken adobo with pineapple might be your next favorite version of adobo.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food chicken and pork adobo recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!