Chicken Fajita Soup. Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Sprinkle fajita seasoning over the browned chicken and stir well to coat. Add the red and green bell pepper, poblano pepper, and onion to the seasoned chicken.
Top it with cheese, tortilla strips and sliced jalapeño peppers for a complete, weeknight-friendly meal. Add the garlic, onion, and bell peppers, and cook until the onions are clear. Pour in chicken broth and diced tomatoes.
Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, chicken fajita soup. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Sprinkle fajita seasoning over the browned chicken and stir well to coat. Add the red and green bell pepper, poblano pepper, and onion to the seasoned chicken.
Chicken Fajita Soup is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Chicken Fajita Soup is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken fajita soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Fajita Soup:
- Take 1 lb of chicken. Use both white and dark meat. cut in 1/4"pieces no longer than 1" long.
- Take 1 lb of onion. Cut in 1/4"pieces.
- Take 2 of peppers, both red and bell. Cut same as peppers.
- Get 3/4 lb of sliced mushrooms.
- Take 1 of Pomblano pepper cut in bite sze pieces.
- Get 10 oz of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of gr cumin.
- Get 1 tsp of gr garlic.
- Prepare 2 of Tomatoes cut in 1/2 cubes.
- Take 1 can of (14 oz) can of black beans.
- Take 1 dash of Hot sauce.
Stir in chili powder, ancho chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano and season with salt and pepper to taste. In a large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, green peppers, and red peppers. Add chicken broth, corn, diced tomatoes, and softened cream cheese.
Steps to make Chicken Fajita Soup:
- Saute meat in skillet with a small amount of oil.
- Stir occassionally. When chicken is brown, add seasonings and stir.
- Now add peppers and stir. After a minute, add onions.
- Making sure skillet remains medium high, now add tomatoes.
- In a sauce pan add stock and drained beans. Turn heat on medium..
- When stoch is almost at a boil, add ingredients from your skillet. Cover and bring to boil.
- Just before serving, add hot sauce, salt, pepper to taste.
Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until cream. In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix cream of chicken soup, salsa, corn, black beans, water, cumin, and cilantro. Pour over the top of chicken. Remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Place back into the slow cooker and add shredded cheese.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food chicken fajita soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!