Chicken tagine. Door het gebruik van een Tajine wordt het gerecht goed gaar & blijft vocht behouden. Join millions of learners from around the world already learning on Udemy. Pat the chicken dry, and season well with salt and pepper.
This recipe uses lots of the warm spices and harissa that are. The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPES — Chicken tagine is a traditional Moroccan dish of chicken pieces braised with spices, garlic, onion, olives, and preserved lemons.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, chicken tagine. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Door het gebruik van een Tajine wordt het gerecht goed gaar & blijft vocht behouden. Join millions of learners from around the world already learning on Udemy. Pat the chicken dry, and season well with salt and pepper.
Chicken tagine is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Chicken tagine is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken tagine using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken tagine:
- Prepare 1 kg of chicken (breast will work but thighs or 1 chicken quarter per person is best.).
- Take 1 of vegetable stock.
- Make ready 1 of bay leaf.
- Take 150 g of dried apricots.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- Make ready 4 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Prepare 2 of onions, roughly chopped.
- Get 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- Prepare 3 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander seeds, crushed.
- Prepare 6 of cardamon pods, crushed.
- Get 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Get of salt and pepper to season.
- Take 1 glass of white wine.
- Prepare 125 g of fruit chutney.
It's a festive, exotic-tasting dish — perfect for special occasions — but it's also easy enough to throw together on a weeknight. Mix cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, coriander, ginger, mint, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Bring a small pot of water to a boil; add apricots and raisins. Coat the chicken thighs evenly with the flour mixture, shaking off the excess; reserve the remaining flour mixture.
Instructions to make Chicken tagine:
- Place the dried apricots in a bowl and cover them with boiling water, leaving them to soak for at least one hour..
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a casserole dish over a high heat and brown the chicken. (if using breast slice into medium chunks before browning). Once browned transfer the meat to a plate for later..
- Heat the remaining oil in the casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the garlic, onions, and carrots. Cook for about 3-5 minutes until softened..
- Add all of the spices (bay leaf, cinnamon, coriander seeds, cardamon pods, cumin and ginger) and season with salt and pepper. Fry for a few more minutes..
- Return the meat to the casserole dish with all the vegetables. Add the wine, chutney, water from the apricots and enough vegetable stock to cover the meat and vegetables. keep on the heat and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally to deglaze..
- Leave to simmer on the hob for for about 1 hour stirring occasionally until the liquid has reduced by half..
- Add the apricots and cook for a further half an hour..
- The meat and vegetables should be soft and tender at this point..
- Serve with rice, couscous or good chunky bread..
In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil. You'll get more flavor if you start marinating the chicken with the Moroccan spices the night before. The cooking times may vary depending on the size of your chicken. In Morocco, the most common vegetables used in chicken tagines are potatoes, green peas, carrots, cauliflower, green peppers, and zucchini. Honestly, most of the time, I make my Moroccan chicken tagine with whatever vegetable leftovers I have.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food chicken tagine recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!