‘Chicken Cafreal’: A Popular Goan Green Chicken Curry. Great recipe for 'Chicken Cafreal': A Popular Goan Green Chicken Curry. This particular recipe is the gift to the Indians by the Africans, through the Portuguese Connect, which has traversed India through the same channels & routes. It's basically a Carribean Dish, however since the ages.
Learn how to make chicken cafreal from scratch with the step by step recipe below. Pat dry the chicken, make some gashes on the chicken thighs. Rub it well with lemon juice. ginger garlic paste & salt.
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, ‘chicken cafreal’: a popular goan green chicken curry. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
‘Chicken Cafreal’: A Popular Goan Green Chicken Curry is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. ‘Chicken Cafreal’: A Popular Goan Green Chicken Curry is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Great recipe for 'Chicken Cafreal': A Popular Goan Green Chicken Curry. This particular recipe is the gift to the Indians by the Africans, through the Portuguese Connect, which has traversed India through the same channels & routes. It's basically a Carribean Dish, however since the ages.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook ‘chicken cafreal’: a popular goan green chicken curry using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make ‘Chicken Cafreal’: A Popular Goan Green Chicken Curry:
- Get 1 Kg of Chicken.
- Take of to taste Salt.
- Take 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Make ready 6-8 tbsp of Cooking Oil Any Vegetable Oil- (To be used in Batches).
- Take 1 tbsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Make ready 1-2 of Large Potatoes Cut into Wedges or Sliced in the Roundels.
- Take of Cafreal Masala Marinade.
- Prepare 12-15 of Green Chillies.
- Get 1 inch of Cinnamon Stick.
- Prepare 8-10 of Garlic Cloves.
- Make ready 2 inch of Ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Black Peppercorns.
- Get 1/8 Cup of Fresh Lemon Juice (Approx. Out of 2 Lemons).
- Prepare 1 of Bay Leaf.
- Take 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Make ready 3-4 of Cloves.
- Take 2 cup of Corinader leaves: With the soft stalks as well for added flavours.
- Prepare 1 of spring Fresh Coriander Leaves.
- Get 1 of Spring Fresh Mint Leaves.
- Take 1 Cup of Cooking Oil (Any Veg. Oil).
- Take 2-3 of lemon wedges for Garnishing.
In the meanwhile prepare the cafreal masala. In a blender/grinder, add all the ingredients listed under cafreal masala and make a smooth paste using water as required. Add the paste to the chicken pieces and coat well. Marinate for a couple of hours or preferably overnight.
Steps to make ‘Chicken Cafreal’: A Popular Goan Green Chicken Curry:
- Wash & Clean the Chicken to set aside.to get marinated, once our very special green Cafreal Masala/Marinade is well prepared..
- In a Blender Jar Add in the aforesaid ingredients- All including the dry whole & ground spices both.add in the seasonings too.
- Blend it to a smooth paste & now, time to marinate the chicken pieces with this green paste but before that, make a few gashes/slits, to the Chicken pieces, in order to coat it well with this specially prepared green marinade.
- Coat it all over the Chicken pieces- Rub the marinade individually, to all the chicken pieces with this & cover it- Set aside, for at least, 2-3 hrs time (Overnight is always the Best).
- Heat up a frying pan over the medium flame: Add in the oil, then fry the marinated chicken pieces in 2-3 batches (ensure not to overcrowd the pan & leave sufficient spaces in between them to flip over comfortably while frying).
- Once, all the Chicken pieces are well fried until nicely golden brown- Drop the entire portion of the chicken into the pan now & add into it some water (the residue from the Cafreal Masala blender jar need be all used in this water for the enhanced flavours).
- Lower the flame to the low-medium at this point & cover it to cook for about 10-15 mins time, stirring occasionally in between, to avoid burning or sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- If some more splashes of water is required in between, apply the same until its completely cooked. Heat up another frying pan, on the other side over the medium flame.
- Now, apply some salt on the potato wedges/roundels/cubes (I like it this way & with its skin, hence kept it that way- You can choose your own), fry it on either of its sides- it need be kinda charred nicely on its both sides.
- While, frying the potatoes- Keep a close look on the chicken as well, if it’s well prepared by now.once done, put off both the the ovens & let them sit on the hot ovens for another 5-7 mins time before arranging/layering the fried potatoes on the serving platter.
- On the top of this special arrangement- Transfer the Chicken pieces & then, pour in the green masala cafreal gravy- as much is required. Enjoy your meal with this Special & Popular Goan Green Chicken Curry Chicken Cafreal.
In a heavy bottom sauce pan heat the oil to a medium heat. Add the marinated chicken along with any leftover marinade. Leave to marinade for six hours or overnight. The liquid should run clear when you stick a knife into the breast. Traditional Goan Chicken Cafreal is not only popular among tourists but loved by all for its classic flavor.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food ‘chicken cafreal’: a popular goan green chicken curry recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!