Almost Spanish Chicken. Great recipe for Almost Spanish Chicken. My take on a well-known dish. I use chicken thighs coz they're both flavoursome and economical but chicken breasts, drumsticks or even a jointed whole chicken work well.
You can add a fresh garden salad, rice, or some tasty roasted potatoes. It might sound strange, but roast chicken is a summer staple for Spanish families. Trim any excess fat from the chicken.
Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, almost spanish chicken. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Almost Spanish Chicken is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Almost Spanish Chicken is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Great recipe for Almost Spanish Chicken. My take on a well-known dish. I use chicken thighs coz they're both flavoursome and economical but chicken breasts, drumsticks or even a jointed whole chicken work well.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have almost spanish chicken using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Almost Spanish Chicken:
- Take 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take of Salt and black pepper.
- Make ready 8 of chicken thighs.
- Take 2 of onions, sliced.
- Get 2 of peppers (red or 1 red & 1 green), deseeded and sliced.
- Make ready 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of leek, sliced.
- Prepare 50 g of sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and wiped dry.
- Make ready 100 g of Serrano ham, torn into 2 cm pieces or several slices chorizo.
- Take 225 g of brown basmati or long-grain rice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Take 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Make ready 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Make ready 1 tsp of zatar.
- Take 1 of bird’s eye chili, finely chopped.
- Take 250 ml of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Take 250 ml of dry white wine.
- Prepare 50 g of black or green olives, pitted.
- Get 1 of small orange, in segments.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Dredge chicken in flour to evenly coat. Set aside chicken, and heat remaining olive oil in the skillet. Mix in bacon, onions, and garlic, and cook until onions are tender and bacon is evenly brown.
Steps to make Almost Spanish Chicken:
- Pre-heat your oven to Gas Mark 4 or your electric equivalent. This is 160C on my Neff Circotherm but is more like 180C for other ovens..
- Season the chicken thighs well..
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large casserole and brown the chicken thighs all over, in small batches not all at once. Set aside..
- Use a very little wine to deglaze the bottom of the casserole, add the third tbsp of oil. When hot, add the onions, gently fry for 3 minutes, then add the peppers, garlic, chili and leek and fry for a further 3 minutes or until just turning brown, stirring occasionally..
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and Serrano ham/chorizo and stir gently but thoroughly..
- Stir in the rice. Once it’s coated, add the tomato purée, smoked paprika, thyme and zatar..
- Add the stock and wine and stir thoroughly. Bring to a fast simmer..
- Reduce to a gentle simmer and carefully place the chicken thighs on top without disturbing the rice. Similarly place the orange segments and olives..
- Put on a tight-fitting lid and transfer to the pre-heated oven. Cook for around 1 hour. The rice should be cooked but still with a little “bite”..
- Serve piping hot onto warmed plates..
The Appearance of the Black Spanish Chicken. It looks almost as if the chicken is wearing a little white mask, hence its name White-Faced Black Spanish Chicken. They will also have longer white earlobes than some other breeds. Add the rice and cook the rice with the chicken. Uncover the pan and remove the chicken briefly (set on a dish near the stove for now).
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food almost spanish chicken recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!